UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No initials please. I don't intend to be familiar enough with those guys to bother learning.

Agree.

Don't care who their players are. As long as that teams loses all is good. When they drive drunk and flunk out, I'll read the articles. Otherwise I skip them.

The only initials are the ones that should have been used for the title of the tread, LCC.

No initials please. I don't intend to be familiar enough with those guys to bother learning.

Agree.

Don't care who their players are. As long as that teams loses all is good. When they drive drunk and flunk out, I'll read the articles. Otherwise I skip them.

The only initials are the ones that should have been used for the title of the tread, LCC.

UA is playing very well. Impressed with the weekend you guys had in Detroit.

Siena is playing pretty well too the last minute against Princeton notwithstanding. That's a brutal loss and Mitch has to take some heat for mismanaging the last minute. Siena wins that game and they are 3-3..with three road wins also against solid teams. But the fact is we are 2-4 and still up and down.

Clarence Jackson is very streaky when he's hot he's a top self two guard in the MAAC. Rossiter is one of the best big man in the country..period. Owen Wignot is playing as well as he's ever played. He's finally play in control on offense and is shooting the ball well. I like Rakeem Brookins a lot he is going to be very good.

Siena of course has all the pressure to win this game. UA circles this game every year on their schedule. Mitch has done a decent job I think but we must beat UA or face the wrath of the Siena fan base.

I'll say Siena wins by 8 .. Wignot's defense on Logan Aronhalt being a major key. I would expect UA to "pack it in" against Rossiter and OD Anosike because they will have a hard time matching up inside. Siena has to shoot it well from outside.

Should be a good game.. I expect a crowd in the 12K range with UA playing well.

Rossiter is one of the best BIG MEN IN THE COUNTRY?

Are you serious. I can name 20 big men off hand that are better than him. Name big men he has faced this year that should have given him trouble?

Notice, Minnesota was the one team to "contain" Rossiter...and it isn't like their big men are lighting the world on fire. The big men a the other schools Siena faced are either non-existent...or super young (Northeastern).

Don't get me wrong, Rossiter is very good...but your statement borders on homerism at a high level.

Siena of course has all the pressure to win this game. UA circles this game every year on their schedule. Mitch has done a decent job I think but we must beat UA or face the wrath of the Siena fan base.

Well it is an LCC home game. LCC shouldn't be falling to oh and 2 AT HOME against a league that you guys think you are better than. :rolleyes:

Obviously LCC cirles this game on their calander as well. It is the only game of the year they play in front a a big crowd instead of big garbage bags.

Agree if somehow UA wins this game, the sienna fan base then becomes fun to follow.

MTS,

Wignot had one or two good games, this guys has been as scrub all of his career. One games doesn't negate that. As you know I read a lot of the MAAC board, TU blogs and Siena board. Yeah, I know I'm a hoops junkie especially local hoops. He's scored in double digit once this season (Princeton), prior to yesterday he had ONE block all season (3 yesterday). He can jump, that's about it, not a very good basketball player, I'll maintain that if he scores 20pts and gets 10 boards on Saturday. I've watched him for going on 3 years, he's athletic, that's about it.

Regarding Jackson, I've been saying for THREE years that when this kid is on he's scary, the problem is he's on every third game. If you remember Siena fans killed me last year (gas) when I suggested that he's a good player but way to inconsistent and not a first banana type. Problem for UA is that he always shows up for the UA game, I expect him to show up again this Saturday. Rossiter is VERY good at this level but he's a top tier MAAC pivot, nothing more, simply doesn't have the athleticism to support your position that he's one of the best bigs in the country. He's great and he'll be scary against UA's front line that starts two freshmen but you need to calm down about him.

Right now, Black and Aronhalt would both start at Siena at PG and SG (if we consider Jackson a SF). In fact I predict Black and Logan will be a major pain in the ass for Siena in their junior and senior year. Brookins is a keeper but not a PG, if you remember I told you that in a PM over the summer, looks like I was spot on. Mitch needs to go out and recruit a PG and move him off the ball. Brookins is good, fast/quick but he's a lead guard/scorer.

Having said all of that, Siena should still be the favorite in this game. You have two guys that are very experienced and won NCAA games I expect Siena to lean heavily on that. UA is starting four underclassmen in this one but this game will be much more competitive then the debacle last season.

MTS,

Wignot had one or two good games, this guys has been as scrub all of his career. One games doesn't negate that. As you know I read a lot of the MAAC board, TU blogs and Siena board. Yeah, I know I'm a hoops junkie especially local hoops. He's scored in double digit once this season (Princeton), prior to yesterday he had ONE block all season (3 yesterday). He can jump, that's about it, not a very good basketball player, I'll maintain that if he scores 20pts and gets 10 boards on Saturday. I've watched him for going on 3 years, he's athletic, that's about it.

Regarding Jackson, I've been saying for THREE years that when this kid is on he's scary, the problem is he's on every third game. If you remember Siena fans killed me last year (gas) when I suggested that he's a good player but way to inconsistent and not a first banana type. Problem for UA is that he always shows up for the UA game, I expect him to show up again this Saturday. Rossiter is VERY good at this level but he's a top tier MAAC pivot, nothing more, simply doesn't have the athleticism to support your position that he's one of the best bigs in the country. He's great and he'll be scary against UA's front line that starts two freshmen but you need to calm down about him.

Right now, Black and Aronhalt would both start at Siena at PG and SG (if we consider Jackson a SF). In fact I predict Black and Logan will be a major pain in the ass for Siena in their junior and senior year. Brookins is a keeper but not a PG, if you remember I told you that in a PM over the summer, looks like I was spot on. Mitch needs to go out and recruit a PG and move him off the ball. Brookins is good, fast/quick but he's a lead guard/scorer.

Having said all of that, Siena should still be the favorite in this game. You have two guys that are very experienced and won NCAA games I expect Siena to lean heavily on that. UA is starting four underclassmen in this one but this game will be much more competitive then the debacle last season.

You can't just judge Wignot by his numbers. His defense has been superb are got Siena back into the game yesterday. I would agree Black and Aronhalt might very well start on Siena. The question is can UA get someone else to step up against Siena? I've always liked Tim Ambrose but he hasn't been very inconsistent but dangerous.

I just don't know how you'll be able to contend Rossiter or Anosike.

Just because Rossiter had a bad game against Minnesota doesn't mean he can't play at the high-major level. When I say "one of the best" ... he's one of the best 50 big guys in the country (out of 341 D1 teams or so).

MTS,

You can't just judge Wignot by his numbers. His defense has been superb are got Siena back into the game yesterday. I would agree Black and Aronhalt might very well start on Siena. The question is can UA get someone else to step up against Siena? I've always liked Tim Ambrose but he hasn't been very inconsistent but dangerous.

I just don't know how you'll be able to contend Rossiter or Anosike.

Not concerned on Anosike, he is a poor defender with a pretty low IQ. Athletically gifted but nothing doing upstairs, he's got some growing to do. Beyond that you don't have much frontcourt depth after Martings who's been OK. Walters is a huge bust considering how hard you guys humped him all summer. Devlin might not be as athletically gifted but the kid works his arse off, OD better put his hard hat on because he's gonna have to work.

Rossiter is a completely different animal...gotta try shutting CJ down and let Puk go one on one with Ross and mix in some Metcalf elbows in there.

Archived