UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I made an impulse decision to purchase airline tickets to Albany Saturday 10/29 to attend a UAlbany/Elon football game. My wife will be outta town that weekend and this is my only shot at getting to a game for at least a year or more as we're expecting. It's a very short trip. Flying in Saturday morning and leaving Sunday morning. Love to meet some of you in person.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks to Brendan for his tickets.

I purchased additional tickets too. I've now got 9 coming thus far and only 2 are alums so building the fan base.

I land at 10:30 Saturday morning. How do I get us into a tailgate tent?

The school has tents set up behind scoreboard for Great Dane Gameday each game. Since this is a noon game I'm not sure what time it will open up. They normally have a buffet for around $12-15 a person.

Look, Coach Gattuso is no dummy. He's been doing this a long while and he sees these guys everyday. While the teams performance is frustrating to us as fans, it likely is more frustrating to those directly affected by each game.

So, if he wants to play out the string with Sussman...in Gattuso I trust. When he's playing well, he does look good. It's just a matter of the consistency and accuracy.

Not that it means anything now, but Shane Sweeney's stats at Hobart (6-1 top 25 in D3): Through 7 games 331ypg, 60% completion, 21 TD. Would have been nice to see what would have happened if he was given a chance at UA. I know, D3 is not CAA level. Water under the bridge.

Not that it means anything now, but Shane Sweeney's stats at Hobart (6-1 top 25 in D3): Through 7 games 331ypg, 60% completion, 21 TD. Would have been nice to see what would have happened if he was given a chance at UA. I know, D3 is not CAA level. Water under the bridge.

It's a whole different game but good to see he's having a good season.

GG said on the radio today that Zee Roberson practiced Tuesday and has a chance at playing this week.

In a TU+ story http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-sports/article/UAlbany-football-coach-stands-by-Sussman-as-10162224.php

"I just felt there was not a whole lot to lose right there, to put (Brunson) out there,'' Gattuso said Monday during the weekly Colonial Athletic Association conference call. "He's a good passer. And we thought he might be able to give us a little spark."

Gattuso said Monday that Sussman will remain his starting quarterback when the Great Danes, who have lost three straight, take on Elon on Saturday at noon in Casey Stadium. But Gattuso added Brunson could see more action in the coming weeks, especially if UAlbany falls behind.

"We're a work in progress at quarterback and it's tough sledding for a young quarterback in this league, for sure,'' Gattuso said.

Still, Gattuso wants to see more from Brunson, 6-foot-4, 190-pound native of Myrtle Beach, S.C. Interestingly, when he made the change on Saturday, he chose to bring Brunson off the bench instead of redshirt junior DJ Crook, the former starter who lost his job last season.
"We've had a philosophy from day one and a plan from day one that if we're winning, DJ is doing to go in and play,'' Gattuso explained. "If we're behind, we would give Brunson an opportunity to go out and play."
Gattuso pointed out it's the same way he used Sussman in relief as a freshman.
Doesn't look good for DJ if the only time he comes in is if the QB is playing lousy but we're ahead anyway.

It's a whole different game but good to see he's having a good season.

Whole different world

Look, Coach Gattuso is no dummy. He's been doing this a long while and he sees these guys everyday. While the teams performance is frustrating to us as fans, it likely is more frustrating to those directly affected by each game.

So, if he wants to play out the string with Sussman...in Gattuso I trust. When he's playing well, he does look good. It's just a matter of the consistency and accuracy.

That's exactly right... Gattuso and staff see these qbs every day. Far more in-the-know then us fans.

If we win out from here, we can make it to the playoffs... one game at a time. 2/3 losses have been close,

now it's panty checking time and we put on our big boy briefs.