UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 3 - vs Monmouth - 9/16 - 7PM

New President just said athletics was a critical part of the university. Excellent

Ha...posted at same time. I concur...he was very positive. He comes from UTRG...which was a merger of two universities, and they are launching (likely) D-I football. They are DI in everything

• Like 1

New President just said athletics was a critical part of the university. Excellent

Must have heard me yell 'spend money on sports' and 'we need a new arena'

Haha, kidding. But that's good news that he shares the same vision as us and Brunson. Hopefully he takes us to the next level.

Look at you...the hidden love affair blooming with Brunson. Freudian slip, eh?! You meant Benson, I believe.

• Like 3

Must have heard me yell 'spend money on sports' and 'we need a new arena'

Haha, kidding. But that's good news that he shares the same vision as us and Brunson. Hopefully he takes us to the next level.

Look at you...the hidden love affair blooming with Brunson. Freudian slip, eh?! You meant Benson, I believe.

Hahahah, yes, I meant Benson ?.

• Like 1

There were some serious hits tonight. Donovan McDonald is a beast on punt returns. Hatalsky is everywhere. EB is back. Monmouth had one break away run on a 4th and short, otherwise completely shut down running game. Need to clean up some penalties and kicking game did not impress. Lots of overthrown deep balls. Diggs is the real deal. Otherwise, a fun night.

• Like 1

I thought the 1st half we looked great. Namely Brunson was on point and as hot as a pistol. Clearly out of the half Monmouth made some adjustments and were kind of killing us on sideline passes until our coaches adjusted. My perception was that the D did a great job against their very good QB and HB. Both of them have been killing teams. Just perception, maybe they racked up some numbers but they never broke off huge plays.

Overall strong game...Brunson is improving, feels to me that game may be starting to slow down for him a little. Kicker is apparently back to being crap.

Edited by Clickclack

There were some serious hits tonight. Donovan McDonald is a beast on punt returns. Hatalsky is everywhere. EB is back. Monmouth had one break away run on a 4th and short, otherwise completely shut down running game. Need to clean up some penalties and kicking game did not impress. Lots of overthrown deep balls. Diggs is the real deal. Otherwise, a fun night.

McDonald was bananas. Dude had some serious runs and I think two were brought back due to penalties. Need to find a way to get that kid the ball in the passing game too...makes people miss and sees the field.

lol @ kicking game did not impress. Tell us how you REALLY feel hah. Kicking game was virtually non-existent. It was almost as bad as it was 2 years ago when we couldn't buy a field gold for a bag of peanuts.

Speaking of food...

New menu options in concessions. The pulled pork sandwich was actually REALLY good and I'd pay $6 for it all day long and twice on Sunday.

Only gripe is the GDAC bar/snack area is cash only...making it completely useless too me as I rarely carry cash (I use rewards based CC's for the perks)...so I had to stand in line like a peasant with the rest of the non-GDAC'ers lol.

Otherwise, wonderful night and had a good time. Wish it was always 70-80* and dry...watching football in shorts and a t-shirt is MUCH more enjoyable than sitting on a cold hard bleacher in 5 layers trying to stay warm with a hot chocolate.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

I still can't get over the people complaining about the product being overpriced. It's cheaper than $iena Basketball tickets, you get hours of tailgating, a top level game, relatively cheap concessions, a halftime fireworks display, and a big pregame party.

Football is an expensive sport to run, and with only 5 home games and no major national cable deal, I'm surprised the product is as cheap as it is.

• Like 1