UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

Reports that we've offered Hameir Wright from right here at Albany Academy. 6'6" SF. Also has an offer from James Madison.

I saw that Hameir Wright is going to reclassify to 2018. He has an offer Syracuse and some other majors but is going to prep.

The 6’11 centre showed out in a major way on the AAU circuit.

If a team managed to box him out on successive possessions, they considered that a win. That’s how tough Brent is to stop on the boards.

Throw in more than capable hands and impressive footwork, and you’ve got yourself one 220-pound monster.

On top of this is Brent’s monster heart. He played through injury. He played through illness. He had his own rendition of the “flu game” in which he still had the game-sealing block and offensive rebound.

It’s no wonder Division I schools, Albany, Idaho and Robert Morris have all come knocking for the 2017 big.

• Like 1

Glad to hear a real big guy will be coming in and another Australia.

We've offered four guys: Hank, Issac White, Jacob Rigoni and Lat Mayen who are all teamates on the same Australian National team. It would be great to get all four guys together who are used to playing on the same team and get along.

• Like 1

I wonder how much Peter Hooley factors in? Hank and Hooley are both from Adelaide and it can't hurt that Peter can relate his Albany experience to these guys.

I would think he is being a bit of a spokesman. Good to see the Aussie connection is continuing!

• Like 1

I wonder how much Peter Hooley factors in? Hank and Hooley are both from Adelaide and it can't hurt that Peter can relate his Albany experience to these guys.

I would think he is being a bit of a spokesman. Good to see the Aussie connection is continuing!

I would guess instrumental is more in order than spokesman.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Offers are great. I don't think coaches spend too much time preparing an official offer to someone unless they feel there is at least a slight chance of them coming to the school (which is why you don't see us making many if any 5-star offers). Seeing who UA gives offers to gives insight into what the mindset of the coaching staff is, the types of players and the level of players they are going after.

While signings are the real time to get excited, I also get excited after hearing about official visits. Those mean that not only are we interested in the player, they are also showing some interest in UA.

Is there a limit on the number of "offers" a school can make per year???? Some on this blog seem to get awfully excited about making offers to x, y, z, etc. Seems to me offers do not mean a thing. I'll get excited about "signings."

Guilty.

I think some people on this board enjoy following the recruiting process more than others.

Also, even though they're only "offers" it's kind of fun to know when we're recruiting a local player. I'm pretty sure there are people on this board who will read about an offer to a local player and then go watch a couple of their games. They might even wear their UAlbany gear to show the love. Then again, there are some crazy people on this board.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 1

Catching up on the past few days:

Justin Carpenter - 6'8" PF..first DI offer

Cameron Healy - 6'3" PG..from Australia..has a couple other mid-major DI offers

Matt Pile - 6'9" PF..couple other mid-major DI offers

Prince Oduro - 6'8" PF..slew of other DI offers..as high at the A-10..also visited Siena last month

Solomon Ruddell - 7'0" C..a few others mid-major DI offers..including UMBC

Matt Pile trimmed his list and removed UAlbany. My guess is it's a result of the Brent Hank commitment.

• 3 weeks later...