UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #13: 12/16/17 - 7:00pm - vs Canisius

Eli

This team looks to be going the wrong way. That was a $iena effort... Really disappointing to watch.

Nichols and cremo are lost right now. Thank the heavens for the walking bucket or they take one in the face in this game from a bad team.

Not sure what to think.

Uvm mops the floor with this team right now.

For S&G's, since we've finished our MAAC slate and because the losers across town love to tout their conference:

Albany is 3-1 against the MAAC (Iona, $iena, Canisius...loss at Monmouth)

Vermont is 1-0 ($iena)

UMass-Lowell is 1-0 (Marist)

Hartford is 1-1 (Quinnipiac...loss at Rider)

Maine is 1-0 (Quinnipiac)

UNH is 0-1 (Niagra with one more game against Fairfield on 12/22)

That makes the AE as a whole '7-3' against the MAAC if my numbers are correct.

• Like 1

We got ask to leave again 6 mins after the game ended. Standing where we have our seats chatting with people in sec 200. I watched Eric Fletcher who works for athletics instruct the ushers to ask people to leave (he was on the middle of the court motioning with his arm telling them to get people out). The ushers then came up into the stands and asked us to leave.

We did inquire (w/ athletic staff) and the reason they gave us is that they are kicking people out because we're on ESPN3 and we have a lot of equipment (looks the same to me), and so everyone must leave immediately. Are they afraid people will steal it? Im unsure how ESPN equipment has anything to do with anything, but but that was the reason given. Hmm all last season we were on ESPN3... and this season we're 5 home games into the season on ESPN and now we have this 'new' rule;..

Wonder if they kick people out at the women's games when they are on ESPN3?

Very frustrating. Tell me what other away game you have been too that has asked you leave immediately after the game because of ESPN equipment being in the building. TU staff didn't even ask us to leave this year...and they are the only location that has ever asked us to leave after a game, and we have gone to over 100 away games including UNLV, Duke, UNC, Pitt, Syr, S. FL, etc in the country to rinky dink schools...and this is a first. As staff they have all access passes to these away games so the wouldn't really know, but as regular away guests I can confirm we're not asked to leave...regardless of what they think bigger schools do..proof is that they don't kick us out.

Sigh, great community/ season ticket holder relations we have here at the university. But yes, lets (athletics) complain we can't get enough people in the seats, raise the prices and then kick the people you do have in them out as soon as we have their $. Not to add, no communication to attendees of these new rules. You'd think after their lack of communication on other rule changes etc they would attempt a tiny bit to communicate to people. Guess that is asking too much.

Rant done... <_<

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

Unhappiest 11-2 coach and fan board.

Were 11-2. Tough schedule? No. But weve had similar schedules and not been 11-2.

Don't count me in the unhappy part. I'm enjoying this season.

Actually I liked that David Nichols had a rough offensive game and we pulled out the win. We would have lost that game for sure last year.

Canisius was better than I thought. They ran their offense well and again, the Crumpton kid ate our lunch.

Funny the way these end of semester games work out. Our guys are in the middle of their finals, while Canisius players are done with theirs.

• Like 1

We got ask to leave again 6 mins after the game ended. Standing where we have our seats chatting with people in sec 200. I watched Eric Fletcher who works for athletics instruct the ushers to ask people to leave (he was on the middle of the court motioning with his arm telling them to get people out). The ushers then came up into the stands and asked us to leave.

We did inquire (w/ athletic staff) and the reason they gave us is that they are kicking people out because we're on ESPN3 and we have a lot of equipment (looks the same to me), and so everyone must leave immediately. Are they afraid people will steal it? Im unsure how ESPN equipment has anything to do with anything, but but that was the reason given. Hmm all last season we were on ESPN3... and this season we're 5 home games into the season on ESPN and now we have this 'new' rule;..

Very frustrating. Tell me what other away game you have been too that has asked you leave immediately after the game because of ESPN equipment being in the building. TU staff didn't even ask us to leave this year...and they are the only location that has ever asked us to leave after a game, and we have gone to over 100 away games including UNLV, Duke, UNC, Pitt, Syr, S. FL, etc in the country to rinky dink schools...and this is a first. As staff they have all access passes to these away games so the wouldn't really know, but as regular away guests I can confirm we're not asked to leave...regardless of what they think bigger schools do..proof is that they don't kick us out.

Sigh, great community/ season ticket holder relations we have here at the university. But yes, lets (athletics) complain we can't get enough people in the seats, raise the prices and then kick the people you do have in them out as soon as we have their $. Not to add, no communication to attendees of these new rules. You'd think after their lack of communication on other rule changes etc they would attempt a tiny bit to communicate to people. Guess that is asking too much.

Rant done... <_<

This is pretty silly. I lingered for a few minutes and wasn't motioned too or told to leave...but who knows.

Unhappiest 11-2 coach and fan board.

Were 11-2. Tough schedule? No. But weve had similar schedules and not been 11-2.

Don't count me in the unhappy part. I'm enjoying this season.

Actually I liked that David Nichols had a rough offensive game and we pulled out the win. We would have lost that game for sure last year.

Canisius was better than I thought. They ran their offense well and again, the Crumpton kid ate our lunch.

Funny the way these end of semester games work out. Our guys are in the middle of their finals, while Canisius players are done with theirs.

There is something to be said about that. We're so talented we can suffer a bad night from our star(s) and still eek one out. Don't know if that'll work against VT, but in the OOC it hasn't been a huge back breaker like in the past.

Edited by Eli

Rant done... <_<

This is pretty silly. I lingered for a few minutes and wasn't motioned too or told to leave...but who knows.

We (3 of us) were only people in sec 200 left when they asked us to leave. Four other people on this board I know were also asked to leave either last game or this game.

Edited by MRSGDG

Rant done... <_<

I keep telling you ... IT'S YOU!

• Like 1

Anyone know why Clark only played 2 minutes? I wonder if there is any correlation between how much David and Joe play (get tired?) and how bad they play...Clark needs to see the court more.

2 turnovers in 2 minutes probably didn't help his cause.

Anyone know why Clark only played 2 minutes? I wonder if there is any correlation between how much David and Joe play (get tired?) and how bad they play...Clark needs to see the court more.

2 turnovers in 2 minutes probably didn't help his cause.

Ah, didn't catch that...but still, seems like a quick yank for a guy who can drop 10 off the bench without breaking a sweat.

Ah, didn't catch that...but still, seems like a quick yank for a guy who can drop 10 off the bench without breaking a sweat. - Eli

You're a great stat guy - how often has Clark dropped 10 off the bench.

For me he seems to be a guy who sometimes isn't following the script.

Edited by Patch

Ah, didn't catch that...but still, seems like a quick yank for a guy who can drop 10 off the bench without breaking a sweat. - Eli

You're a great stat guy - how often has Clark dropped 10 off the bench.

For me he seems to be a guy who sometimes isn't following the script.

There was a little embellishment there on my part. The '10' wasn't literal. My point was he can get buckets at will as he is someone who can create his own shot and can attack the basket better than Costa or Conway or any of the other perimeter players we put into the game as subs (which is needed sometimes, especially when David's or Joe's shot isn't falling). If that means he's going off script...well, then Nichols has been going off script for years :).

Edited by Eli