UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I still think if we are hovering around 3-4 wins after 2017-2018 (2 years from now), he'll either be fired or given a 'win or else' ultimatum. If we get to 5-6 wins this year (a 2 game W improvement) I think it will help him long term in maybe getting an extra year or two to make this team his.

Regardless, there is something to be said about us being better in the CAA with Fords kids ("NEC kids"). Was Ford a better talent evaluator and got more diamond in the roughs? Or a better X's and O's guy?

Maybe this is the year we use more slant routes...that's the big thing I seem to notice since I started watching UA FB (Ford's last year, prior to that I was an NFL only guy). It's like we're allergic to it. Tom Brady and Wes Welker have built their careers off of it for Pete's sake or so it seems...PUT IT IN THE GAMEPLAN.

Edited by Eli

Per the T-U Sussman is the starting QB going into training camp

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-picked-11th-in-CAA-preseason-poll-8424009.php

Keep in mind that 2014 7-5 record included 4-0 vs. VERY weak OOC

Contrary to the article..the 9/10 game is AT Rhode Island. First home game for us is the following weekend vs. Holy Cross.

Interesting poll. Seems like there are some tiers: 1, 2, 3-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12. Maine is 9th..but picked up a first place vote. Every team in the poll is within at most 2 spots from the 2015 final standings.

One more thing to get a little excited about in the football pre-season: Last year's Defensive Coordinator for the University of Maryland Terrapins, Keith Dudzinski, has been added to the coaching staff.

His son Jack is a 6'4", 250 pound redshirt sophomore DL on the UA team.

Still would have liked to have seen a change at OC, but this still seems good! :unsure:

I certainly hope Nick Dillon is the real deal. We need to remember though that he is transferring from a program that has won a grand total of 7 games over the last 4 seasons. Of course, maybe

that's why he's headed to UA. He certainly was well regarded out of HS and was a 3* on 247Sports.