UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stuyvesant Plaza

Eli

If it's just the scoreboard that would be great as well. Benson when it comes to fund raising is doing well.

Albany Foundation staff are the ones who work on the fundraising for the college.

The athletic department has it's own staff for revenue generation when looking for corporate sponsors. The foundation works for fundraising for the university itself. I am sure there is some overlap, but if you owned a business that wanted to donate or sponsor athletics you work with the athletics department directly.

If it's just the scoreboard that would be great as well. Benson when it comes to fund raising is doing well.

Albany Foundation staff are the ones who work on the fundraising for the college.

The athletic department has it's own staff for revenue generation when looking for corporate sponsors. The foundation works for fundraising for the university itself. I am sure there is some overlap, but if you owned a business that wanted to donate or sponsor athletics you work with the athletics department directly.

Yes I know how it works. And I also know the Foundation is the one who works on the large donations that take years and years to cultivate. That's all. Credit shouldn't be assigned or assumed. Very thankful there are staff who have cultivated these relationships to get businesses to donate to the university. Onto video of the scoreboard ...is it the 13th yet?

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

Benson when it comes to fund raising is doing well.

True weve gotten some big gifts, but a long way to go. The GDAC flier says unrestricted athletic donations are four times that of two years ago, but still $228,000 compared to $2.4 million at Buffalo, $650K at $iena, and $425K at Stony Brook (though more than UNH, Maine and Bing)

Little trivia: I was once watching a show where they were interviewing Rachel Ray and she said one of the first jobs that inspired her career was working at a culinary shop in Stuyvesant Plaza.

Cowan and Lobel....it was a neat place with great food.

Not fully related to this topic but the UA Alumni magazine came in the mail this week and this issue and every time I get surprised by an alum and companies they lead. Like the cover story that the CEO of Hertz is an alum and the Pres and Chief Exec of Brookstone is an alum. http://www.albany.edu/ualbanymagazine/UAlbanyMagFall2017.pdfJust neat to see the national impact of the business leaders.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 minute video from the University re: Scoreboard

(I can't embed the video. See link below)

Posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/920016990399488000

Posted on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ualbanysports/videos/10156840908217501

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1