UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Women's Basketball Coach

I would think that a s a coach in her position she accomplished about all that could be expected at UA. It wasn't like she had one or two good years and bolted. She firmly established the

program and is moving on to a greater challenge.

• Like 1

Coach Abe said in the press conference they tried to keep her, but just how hard?

She thanked her UAlbany players, university president Robert Jones and athletic director Mark Benson.

"They've been awesome to me,'' Abrahamson-Henderson said. "They didn't want to let me go. They were kicking and screaming."

Edited by UAFAN

I don't want to see a bunch of candidates with exceptional resumes. Trina Patterson looked like a proven winner on paper. She played and was captain of a sweet sixteen team at Virginia. She was a head coach at Maryland Eastern Shore and William and Mary. She had experience as an assistant with Team USA. That hire did not work out well for Albany. We had very good talent on the floor but no drive for excellence. We need to keep the attitude of the program on the same track it started on six years ago.

Edited by sarge965

I would think that a s a coach in her position she accomplished about all that could be expected at UA. It wasn't like she had one or two good years and bolted. She firmly established the

program and is moving on to a greater challenge.

This. Her career, like it or not, had plateaued at Albany. Other than maybe winning a 2nd round game, there wasn't much else she could accomplish. Kudos to her and she deserves whatever sweet deal she got at UCF.

EDIT: We're trending on Facebook.

w0orx4.jpg

Edited by Eli

I hope she does well at UCF but $275k plus bonus for a conference that is basically a one bid league (UCONN + 1) is not a huge improvement. UCF averaged under 700 fans per game for home attendance this season. They had 7 wins for the season. USF was the other team in the NCAA's and they lost in the first round. This job appears to be only another stepping stone not a place where you can contend for a national championship. Her base salary here was over $200K last year. What the ...

I hope she does well at UCF but $275k plus bonus for a conference that is basically a one bid league (UCONN + 1) is not a huge improvement. UCF averaged under 700 fans per game for home attendance this season. They had 7 wins for the season. USF was the other team in the NCAA's and they lost in the first round. This job appears to be only another stepping stone not a place where you can contend for a national championship. Her base salary here was over $200K last year. What the ...

This is my thought as well. I wrote earlier that I thought she would leave for a much larger program than UCF.

UCF has 60,000 students, FBS football (even though they were 0 for 2015 last year. they brought in the Oregon OC as head coach so things should improve). They just brought in the Stanford coach, Johnny Dawkins, as head men's BB coach. Does anyone think UA could attract either of those two? My point is that it definitely is a step up AND perhaps most importantly, they were 16-46 the last two years and one winning season in the last 11. That means they are a place ripe for improvement...which is what UA was when she got here. Tough to follow legends, tough to replace highly successful coaches. Also tough to rebuild a program, but the challenge to rebuild and put your stamp on the place is different I should think. And she has already proven she can make a dramatic turnaround.