UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Semi OT: Tom Moore

Quinnipiac fired head coach Tom Moore today. Former UA assistan Eric Eaton had been there for the last couple of years after leaving Albany. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere. I'm surprised he's not an HC somewhere already.

Reported from Hoopdirt. This Semi-OT just became very much OT. Personally, I think it's too much of a lateral move. Didn't he already turn down an A-10 gig?

• The ink is not even dry yet on Tom Moore’s dismissal at Quinnipiac, but names are already starting to emerge surrounding the search which will be handled by DHR. Some early names that I’ve heard are: Albany head coach Will Brown, Vermont head coach John Becker, and Iona associate head coach Jared Grasso (a Quinnipiac alum). Sounds like this could be one of the highest paying jobs in the MAAC, and with their facilities, could be a gold mine.

I believe I heard during a UA broadcast that UA the only or one of handful that their coaching staff is filled with former players

All UA assistants have a degree from UA - Josh Pelletier was a grad asst not a player

Duke is the only other program that has assistant coaches who all graduated from the school.

I'm sure it won't be the last internet rumor but the CB to Quinnipiac is too goofy.

The nice facilities make for better recruiting is kind of a strange argument in both the MAAC and the AE. Siena and Quinnipiac probably have the best facilities in the MAAC but it's Iona that's the dominant program with not so great facilities. Same thing in the AE, Vermont and Albany have won the most conference championships through the past 15 years and are probably in the middle of the pack or below when it comes to facilities.

I believe I heard during a UA broadcast that UA the only or one of handful that their coaching staff is filled with former players

All UA assistants have a degree from UA - Josh Pelletier was a grad asst not a player

Duke is the only other program that has assistant coaches who all graduated from the school.

I'm sure it won't be the last internet rumor but the CB to Quinnipiac is too goofy.

The nice facilities make for better recruiting is kind of a strange argument in both the MAAC and the AE. Siena and Quinnipiac probably have the best facilities in the MAAC but it's Iona that's the dominant program with not so great facilities. Same thing in the AE, Vermont and Albany have won the most conference championships through the past 15 years and are probably in the middle of the pack or below when it comes to facilities.

Don't forget Fairfield the other maac team that plays in a rented arena also has nicer facilities than lcc.

Like you said there is more to winning than just having nice facilities or in lcc case a big empty arena :)

Edited by bob87

even Becker I can't see. He's got such a solid gig and group of kids. Also, new arena possibly. He could up his resume and find something much bigger. The only thing Q has to offer is money, not winning.

Right now the Q is a "hockey school." How much a new coach could grow a basketball program in league like the maac to "compete" with a championship calibre hockey program remains to be seen

Edited by bob87