Photo

Julian Cox- Transfer?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

I just saw a tweet from Julian Cox that had him in a photo from practice in UA gear with Cal University of PA's mascot superimposed over it.  I wonder if he transferred?!

Edited by Dane96, 03 January 2018 - 06:12 PM.

#2 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Curious...

GO DANES!!!

#3 reeder

reeder

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 932 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

Hate to see him leave but I understand. He had that great RS freshman season, struggled as a sophomore, was a key reserve last year and looking at a similar role this year with Mencer and Walker both returning as starters and Metheny looking to get a lot more playing time as a reserve.

#4 HOF2013

HOF2013

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

Hate to see him leave but I understand. He had that great RS freshman season, struggled as a sophomore, was a key reserve last year and looking at a similar role this year with Mencer and Walker both returning as starters and Metheny looking to get a lot more playing time as a reserve.

Yep

#5 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

I would have to think the current LB situation is:

Starting rotation between 4 guys: Methany, Thompson, Mencer, Walker

Backups of Powell (if he shifts from DE); Watson; 

And a mix of the Klutsey (the eldest of the bunch); D'Amico, Pastore; Wisniewski-- whomever is ready.

I pushed Watson up to the 6th LB spot because he came in extremely touted...a steal, basically.  Who knows if he lives up to the FBS hype (I sure hope so).   Unknown if they brought in any transfers.

Either way, if Cox left (and we still don't know he did, officially) because he wanted to play as a starter in his senior year...I have mixed feelings.  For his own personal side, if he wants to play in the one year he has left and he is guaranteed a spot...it's understandable. 

However, the competitor in me says that outside of Mencer and Walker...the third spot is up for grabs...and the competitor in me says...ball out...and if you get the 4th or 5th LB spot...you finish what you started.  If he played like he did in his 1st season, I'd like to think he'd have a starting spot. That player...was so good.

Edited by Dane96, 04 January 2018 - 11:18 AM.

#6 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

And a mix of the Klutsey (the eldest of the bunch); D'Amico, Pastore; Wisniewski-- whomever is ready.

I pushed Watson up to the 6th LB spot because he came in extremely touted...a steal, basically.  Who knows if he lives up to the FBS hype (I sure hope so).   Unknown if they brought in any transfers.

Either way, if Cox left (and we still don't know he did, officially) because he wanted to play as a starter in his senior year...I have mixed feelings.  For his own personal side, if he wants to play in the one year he has left and he is guaranteed a spot...it's understandable. 

However, the competitor in me says that outside of Mencer and Walker...the third spot is up for grabs...and the competitor in me says...ball out...and if you get the 4th or 5th LB spot...you finish what you started.  If he played like he did in his 1st season, I'd like to think he'd have a starting spot. That player...was so good.

This

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#7 UAFAN

UAFAN

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

Ju @julian6cox 29 Dec 2017

Super excited to say that I will be transferring to California University of Pa for my senior season 1f60e.png1f60e.png

#8 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

And there it is...

#9 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Ju‏ @julian6cox 29 Dec 2017

Super excited to say that I will be transferring to California University of Pa for my senior season 1f60e.png1f60e.png

California University of PA...ummm...WUT?

#10 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Ju‏ @julian6cox 29 Dec 2017

Maybe Indiana University of Pennsylvania did not have an opening.
Closer to home for him at least.

California University of PA...ummm...WUT?

#11 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Cal U of P (actually all the Pennsylvania State schools) have excellent sports programs.  The original community it is located in was called California.

That was for Click.  

#12 HOF2013

HOF2013

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Oh well.  MAY have a JUCO guy coming in too!!  couple of decent ones were offered

Offer made to Isaiah Moak       Isaiah Moak‏ @IsaiahMoak1   OLB  https://www.hudl.com...00420598bc0a6d#

Positions: MLB, OLB  Height & Weight: 6'0" 205lbs   40 Yard Dash: 4.7   Looks like a good one!

Offer made to Richard Eversleigh OLB    https://twitter.com/RichardEversle2         https://www.hudl.com...9858631040d532e

Height & Weight: 6' 2" 225lbs    40 Yard Dash: 4.7      Wesley Chapel, FL and HVCC

Looks like a good one!

Both seem pretty good and would be coming in as Juniors  and neither seems to have signed with anyone.

At least I can't find where they have!

Richard Eversleigh likely can't get in the school though - 2.66 GPA at HVCC

Edited by HOF2013, 04 January 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#13 HOF2013

HOF2013

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

This

Absolutely.  Who else was red-shirted??  

#14 reeder

reeder

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

I agree about Watson - i think he had an FBS offer that went away at the last minute.  Not sure about Klutsey - he's done a good job on Special teams but don't recall him ever playing LB in a game.  Also, not sure about Thompson - the only game time he really had last year was when Hatalsky was hurt - that said, he was coming off an ACL and Hatalsky had a great year... I also think Zack Bernard might be in the mix - i believe he played LB in prep school and Coach Gattuso saying he could play several positions.

Last thought on Cox leaving - i'm sure it was hard for him to leave.  i remember an interview when he said that he didn't have any other offers coming out of HS and how he thanked UA gave him a chance. 

#15 HOF2013

HOF2013

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

PLUS   Danny Damico

6'2"  230 lbs
Position:  Linebacker
Year:  Fr.

Hometown:  Manlius, N.Y. (CBA)       A good one from Western part of NY - redshirt last year

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users