UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wow. I just watched the replay (well, I skipped some here and there) without knowing what happened. That foul call on the UA goal was one of the worst calls I've seen in any sport. Both guys were going for a LOOSE ball, there was hardly any contact and they called a foul on UA. That was pathetic and horrible and most likely cost them the game. It really deflated them.

And then the fight in the goal with 5 Western Mich players attacking one UA player and the ref standing there watching. Just ridiculous. I really feel bad for the team to get to the second round and have a good chance to win and have it taken away not by their play. Yes, they may have still lost but at least it would've been on the merit of their play.

Edited by DanesRGood

I coached middle school soccer for a few years before kids. I would have lost my $iena on a call like that. Absolutely a 50-50 ball you can't blow a whistle on that.

Okay took a second look the head Ref had horrible positioning. Why wasn't there a line judge helping. In NYS playoff games they have three refs to avoid calls like that. Wow did the NCAA have only one ref doing this game?

Okay third look, I think I saw that they had line judges one with perhaps better positioning. Not sure why they didn't talk with the Head official. Does the NCAA have replay rules?

Edited by B9j2j6s

I wasn't following the men's game super closely this afternoon, but I noticed that there were at least two red cards handed out -- one to each team. Does that mean that the Western Michigan player will not be allowed to play in the next round? What about the UA player who received a red card, does his suspension carry over to the next season if he is eligible? If the WMU player cannot participate, at least it's some consolation to UA this year.

I have it on good authority that the WMU player with the red card will have to sit out the next game. The UA player will not have to sit out first game of 2018.