UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Collegeinsider Mid-Major Top 25 MBB

Preseason Rankings were posted today...

Teams of Local Interest:

17. Iona (311) - MAAC

26. Siena (71) - MAAC

28. Manhattan (51) - MAAC

46. (tie) Stonybrook (13) - America East

55. (tie) Vermont (7) - America East

65. Albany (2) - America East

Also, the women's preseason rankings are out as well:

6. Albany (549) - America East

Edited by godanesgo99

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men's Polls updated last night (11/17). Teams of local interest:

11. Iona (461) - MAAC

42. (tie) Quinnipiac (14) - MAAC

50. Stonybrook (9) - America East

52. (tie) Vermont (7) - America East

56. (tie) Siena (5) - MAAC

62. (tie) Manhattan (3) - MAAC

Albany fell off the board

Women's Poll has not yet been updated.

Lets start with NJIT this Wednesday...

This poll after one game is a joke...give it two weeks.

I only post as a relevent news item. It's a weekly poll and is only the second of the season. It is silly that there are still over 60 teams mentioned. It will change over the next few polls. It will probably get down to 35-40 before the 12/15 poll is released. We will be 6-3 when that poll comes out, coming off wins at Siena and Bucknell and will crack the top 20...

Edited by godanesgo99

Heard from the new AD this AM as well at Peter Hooley. They are both good speakers and the AD is, as you might expect, very up on all the recent wins and good contests. Unfortunately the breakfast was only 2/3 full. I have to imagine that at many programs that ticket is a sell out and / or $ to get in!

I saw him before the football game at Villanova and I am pretty sure he was heading to the field hockey game on sunday. At albany you can't go to all the games and I went to the women's basketball game on Sunday and did not see him

Women's Poll was just released...

Your top 5:

Rank | Team | First Place Votes | Record | Previous Rank | Conference

1. James Madison (26) 2-0 769 3 Colonial

2. Gonzaga (4) 1-0 719 2 West Coast

3. Albany 2-0 641 6 America East

4. BYU (1) 0-1 535 1 West Coast

5. Florida Gulf Coast 1-0 594 11 Atlantic Sun

Edited by godanesgo99

Heard from the new AD this AM as well at Peter Hooley. They are both good speakers and the AD is, as you might expect, very up on all the recent wins and good contests. Unfortunately the breakfast was only 2/3 full. I have to imagine that at many programs that ticket is a sell out and / or $ to get in!

Wouldn't worry that it was 2/3 attended. I believe that it was invitation only and a lot of the people live out of town. Also, there wasn't a lot of notice.

Did he say anything newsworthy?

Wouldn't worry that it was 2/3 attended. I believe that it was invitation only and a lot of the people live out of town. Also, there wasn't a lot of notice.

Did he say anything newsworthy?

I got my invite the day before the event and the day AFTER the rsvp. I believe, a little more notice and coordination would have increased the attendance. I would have gone given better considerations.

Mens poll release 11/24

No major updates, and not worth taking the time to count out the other's receiving votes. Of interest:

• Albany still on listed
  • Quinnipiac dropped and only received 5 points
  • Siena jumped up to receive 13 points
  • Both Stonybrook and Vermont no longer received any points

Womens poll released tonight. I wonder what direction we will see the Lady Danes move after the loss to WKU?