UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

One of the best TEAM possessions I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/WQdogSXYLFc?t=47m4s

I saw this on twitter...that was pure mastery and very rare at any level of basketball. That was beautiful!

The most amazing thing to me was the timing of the play. The slow down at the beginning to start at just the right moment, then pass after pass only to have the dunk with only 1 second left on the shot clock. How many teams would have stopped the movement to get a shot off with 5 seconds left.

Just amazing. I know it is "mastery" and I doubt we will see that talent level at UA, but I would like to see the team make some more passes and get the defense more on their toes.

Oddly enough, there was a real similar type of play I felt a few weeks ago...can't remember who, drove into the paint, kicked to the right corner, that kid drove to the baseline and kicked to a trailing Cremo for a made 3 right in front of Brown. It was beautiful, you could see it develop.

http://www.rundexball.com/2018/01/aehoops-halfway-there-roundup.html

Half-season summary at rundexball.com

Two things struck me

Despite all the talk about it earlier, Albany actually LEADS the league in blocks

The bench PT is worse than anyone mentioned, ranked 350 out of 351 teams

Edited by UAalum72

Two things struck me

Despite all the talk about it earlier, Albany actually LEADS the league in blocks

Other then Foster, we have no reliable bench.

Two things struck me

Other then Foster, we have no reliable bench.

We have a talented bench, and I would love to see them play more, but I do trust Brown that they aren't reliable.

I do wish he played them more to rest the team. Might we have had the juice to win a couple more games if the starters had fresher legs down the stretch? I'm thinking the Hartford loss in particular. We made the frantic come back, then ran out of juice.

Just looked at the updated standings and where we are. Three of our losses were not horrible. Hartford is having a solid season and caught us off guard. UVM is who they are. And UNH always gives us fits in Lundholm. It's the Bing game that ticks me off. No business losing to them as they stink. We win that game and we are 7-3 and tied for second and probably feeling good about a 2 seed.

• Like 3

Today we were driving through NC on I-40 and passed the exit for Durham and Chapel Hill. Sort of like I-90 and the Albany or Loudonville exit....sort of...maybe....just a little. And our hotel has ESPNU!!

Ha! Ive lived in both places. While the significance of the I-40 exit was obvious, the I-90 thing never occurred to me in 8 years in the Capital District.

Edited by S-money
  • Like 2

That Iona win doesn't look so great anymore after tonight... Talk about an RPI killer

Iona has been weird lately. Deyshonee Much, their third leading scorer, had to be separated from their head coach after an altercation after the Monmouth game. Much hasn't played since.

That said, nice win by Siena tonight.

Edited by Dane Pound