UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

Lol, what a joke. Oh well, we'll blow out Oneonta with me coaching.

Maybe. Oneonta might be shooting a lot of free throws after all your techs from yelling at the refs.

Someone's gotta do it :P. Lost my voice today. Some blatant missed calls. Ray Charles could probably see some of them.

Edited by Eli

Interesting Article from NYC Buckets.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2017/11/america-east-weekly-recap-into-december/

It’s a pity Albany couldn’t find a few more high-major opponents to play this season.Being a traditionally strong program can limit a mid-major coach’s ability to schedule and that appears to certainly have been the case for Albany. The Great Danes have one of the most experienced teams in the country and Will Brown could only nab games at Louisville and Memphis. Why? Because Albany has the potential to win games like that. Instead there are a number of traditional mid-major powers on Albany’s schedule (Iona, Yale, Monmouth). The Great Danes already took down two of those teams (they play at Monmouth tonight). BartTorvik’s site has Albany at 0.6 wins above bubble at the moment, which ranks around 30th in the country, but—even if they were to keep pace with Vermont in the America East standings—it’s nearly impossible to foresee the Great Danes being given an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament.
  • Like 3

Interesting Article from NYC Buckets.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2017/11/america-east-weekly-recap-into-december/

It’s a pity Albany couldn’t find a few more high-major opponents to play this season.Being a traditionally strong program can limit a mid-major coach’s ability to schedule and that appears to certainly have been the case for Albany. The Great Danes have one of the most experienced teams in the country and Will Brown could only nab games at Louisville and Memphis. Why? Because Albany has the potential to win games like that. Instead there are a number of traditional mid-major powers on Albany’s schedule (Iona, Yale, Monmouth). The Great Danes already took down two of those teams (they play at Monmouth tonight). BartTorvik’s site has Albany at 0.6 wins above bubble at the moment, which ranks around 30th in the country, but—even if they were to keep pace with Vermont in the America East standings—it’s nearly impossible to foresee the Great Danes being given an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament.

I like this and it's fun but it's waaayyy too early for this kind of talk. One of the advantages we have in November is some of our opponents are trying to figure out who they are and we're already established.

I've shared this before, but I figured I would share it again as I forgot about it.

Here is a great site to bookmark for stats and league leaders....

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/america-east/2018.html

Thank you for the link -- I had also forgotten about the AE stat site.

I don't know why and I may just be nuts but I'm a little worried about the three aussies who are redshirting this year. I'm worried one or more will be upset with the redshirt and transfer. It's happened before and I really hope it doesn't happen again. One of them did not seem very enthusiastic on the bench during the last game when the rest of the team was up cheering big makes. I just hope that all three stick it out and understand the long term plan for each of them.

I might be reading way too much into this.