UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

I had a nice chat with Xavier before the growl. He just got cleared for some contact. He said he feels good and is working on his conditioning. Seems like a really nice kid.

Thats what I heard... Im told hell be fully cleared early March.

Can Xavier and Lands take medical redshirts or did Lands play too much?

Lands has played only five games, the limit to redshirt is 30%, so nine or ten is the max.

I had a nice chat with Xavier before the growl. He just got cleared for some contact. He said he feels good and is working on his conditioning. Seems like a really nice kid.

Heard lands will need a waiver so probably not... Xavier yes!

I am no expert on the NCAA rules but wouldn't a waiver be needed for any player taking a medical redshirt? Couldn't Xavier use a regular redshirt and still have a medical redshirt available to him in the event he ever got injured again?

I am no expert on the NCAA rules but wouldn't a waiver be needed for any player taking a medical redshirt? Couldn't Xavier use a regular redshirt and still have a medical redshirt available to him in the event he ever got injured again?

I think you only get five years to play your four years. Sometimes people will petition for a sixth year but it's kind of rare.

On the weekly show, Brown said that Xavier will get a medical redshirt. He had labrum surgery on both hips, and is now up to non-contact workouts. He's envisioned as a slasher/defending wing a la Gary Johnson.

IN an interview Nichols said the most athletic guys on the team beside himself are X and Lands - both of them are DL.

Extended an offer to Malik Maitland, a 3 star point guard. Would be a sophomore next year. Appears to have been physically assulted by his old coach. He's only 5'10 and with Nichols only being a sophomore I'm not sure how this works. Seems like a nice player though.

If he's more a true PG, you have him run point, Nichols as as scoring two guard and Cremo at 3. Small lineup but skill and athleticism kills.

Question for the board. With Cam Healy listed as a PG coming next year with high regard and playing on a big-time HS team at Montverde, and David's emergence as a 1st team AE player, how is Healy going to get any PT with David here for 2 more years? Will he be happy spelling David for 5 min a game or in garbage time for 2 years. I would doubt it and how does CB keep him happy and not transfer? David knew he would have to wait one year till Evan graduated, but to wait 2 years is asking alot of Healy. Can he play the 2 at 6'2? Then Joe has to move to the 3. It's a great luxury to have as a coach, but we have lost some players in this day and age where they expect PT immediately. And does Costa look at this and figure he has no PT at all?

'

Question for the board. With Cam Healy listed as a PG coming next year with high regard and playing on a big-time HS team at Montverde, and David's emergence as a 1st team AE player, how is Healy going to get any PT with David here for 2 more years? Will he be happy spelling David for 5 min a game or in garbage time for 2 years. I would doubt it and how does CB keep him happy and not transfer? David knew he would have to wait one year till Evan graduated, but to wait 2 years is asking alot of Healy. Can he play the 2 at 6'2? Then Joe has to move to the 3. It's a great luxury to have as a coach, but we have lost some players in this day and age where they expect PT immediately. And does Costa look at this and figure he has no PT at all?

'

I would say u are correct. Healy can def play off the ball and we can play small in our league a lot. I think he will get Baker minutes as a Freshman if he is any good (15 mins a game). Being 6'2 he is not that small.

The problem with that 5'10 recruit point gaurd is that u are asking a lot to go 5'10....5'11...6'4....That is very very small. Tough to do in my opinion. Tough to keep everyone happy.

Anderson is going to have to improve a lot to get any minutes next year in my opinion.

Edited by UA1882

It's not coach Browns style, but everyone's PT could be reduced a bit and they could play a faster paced more subs style game. More like VT this year.

There are 120 minutes per game at the 1-3 slots. Do Cremo and Nichols need to play 35 minutes a game when you have very capable backups?

Cremo 28 minutes

Nichols 27 minutes

Campbell 25 minutes

Healy 10 minutes

Cochran 10 minutes

Anderson 10 minutes

Other guys 10 minutes

That leaves 80 minutes to split between the bigs

Stire, Charles, Lands, Hank, Lulka, TMG

It's definitely going to be hard to keep everyone happy...

Coaching staff should just stop recruiting????????

Lol no. Keep recruiting get the best quality kids and athletes you can. How great would it be if Nichols and Cremo were relegated to garbage time because the fab5 were recruited lol. I'm not interested in rooting for 1 and done kids or players that belong on the SBU crime blotter...

The hardest job Brown has is keeping the talent happy. What would this team be like this year if we still had Baker (without his off the court issues) and Chas Brown (who is putting up great numbers at Coppin State).

Edited by godanesgo99