UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown

Arizona State...much different. ;)

I was just in their basketball arena...nice, not spectacular...but very nice. Huge community in Tempe, unreal "social life", and top notch student life. He can build that place quickly...and if he can't, no one can.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Figured I'd resurrect this thread. All I got is coach talk no game talk left..well outside of the possible other tourneys.

It's been mentoned in the quarterfinal thread, with this loss is this the highest Coach will get if he wants to leave? Great seniors leaving, he just lost but has a great few past years. Is this the year to take advantage of the 3 recent ncaa appearances?

Those heavy on Twitter any rumors? Very curious.

As for other AE coaches, UMBC is going to need a new one, Herrion was given through 19-20, Pikell ..bet he will leave regardless if they get to NCAA or not.. since he is losing the core of his best team ever.

Edited by MRSGDG

Figured I'd resurrect this thread. All I got is coach talk no game talk left..well outside of the possible other tourneys.

It's been mentoned in the quarterfinal thread, with this loss is this the highest Coach will get if he wants to leave? Great seniors leaving, he just lost but has a great few past years. Is this the year to take advantage of the 3 recent ncaa appearances?

Those heavy on Twitter any rumors? Very curious.

As for other AE coaches, UMBC is going to need a new one, Herrion was given through 19-20, Pikell ..bet he will leave regardless if they get to NCAA or not.. since he is losing the core of his best team ever.

I honestly think Coach Brown does not want to leave Albany unless he gets a HUGE salary. Both his kids are now entrenched in school and uprooting the whole family and moving somewhere else would be tough. HIs favorite line is about how much his wife loves the area and is happy here and "happy wife, happy life." I hope he stays but you never know what can happen. I personally don't think he leaves but you never know.

He is also vested in the state pension system and in tier 4 (or more likely tier 2 or 3?), is he not? In my view, it wouldn't make good sense to leave now; he must be nearing the 20-year mark for total years of state service. He can retire and enjoy a much-earned retirement when he decides to do so.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

He is also vested in the state pension system and in tier 4 (or more likely tier 2 or 3?), is he not? In my view, it wouldn't make good sense to leave now; he must be nearing the 20-year mark for total years of state service. He can retire and enjoy a much-earned retirement when he decides to do so.

See previous post below from last year

Coach Brown is probably not in the ERS (NY state retirement system). He is most probably in TIAA-Cref which is an option that is available at most universities including Fordham and George Mason. The state pays a substantial portion in but it is not a traditional pension. The state pension is only a really good deal if you stay in until you qualify for full benefit this is why most coaches and faculty do not take this option. The probability is high that they will move during their career.

Any financial advisor would advise a D1 coach to participate in the optional 403b (similar to 401k) retirement as it is rare that a coach would remain in one state system long enough to acquire the full pension benefit. Doesn't mean that he will leave just that the whole pension discussion is probably a nonstarter.

I personally think that Coach Brown is staying put for a time to come, ok a long, long time. It is of interest to note that the salaries of the assistant coaches on both the men's and women's sides have risen dramatically with the success of the teams over the last five years.