UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

National Championships

uofalbany

UAlbany Champions  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Field Hockey had a shot a few years ago, but I'd say we were one step below the elites still.

I'd say this year Marr and squad has a legitimate shot at a national championship. We need to be firing

on all cylinders and playing our best.

In the AE for basketball, never.

Football.... I'd hope we can win one in the not so distant future. Wondering how some of you feel about

the progress of our football program. Think we sit where we should be sitting in terms of evolving as a CAA program?

Field Hockey had a shot a few years ago, but I'd say we were one step below the elites still.

I'd say this year Marr and squad has a legitimate shot at a national championship. We need to be firing

Football.... I'd hope we can win one in the not so distant future. Wondering how some of you feel about

the progress of our football program. Think we sit where we should be sitting in terms of evolving as a CAA program?

. In general, yes. My feelings probably parallel a lot of other fans when I say that it's frustrating as heck that we have not been able to secure one reliably talented QB since Fiacchi. Beyond that it appears the team is noticeably bigger, faster and perhaps stronger. The recruiting area has spread further south and UA appears to be a viable alternative for kids who have FBS offers. I would like to think that UA has worked it's way out of the bottom third of the CAA and into that middle pack of teams that can compete with every other team, but perhaps can't get to the top echelon without an exceptional year. Not worried about the D, but very worried about the O. Everything this year hinges on EB coming back from ACL, an inexperienced line coming together and one of the QBs showing that they can play in the CAA with consistency. I'm afraid that getting all three of those is like drawing to an inside straight. But as a fan I can only hope. Now the task is to get that 8th win to get to the tourney. Then the task is to surpass NH, JMU and UR. We've got a ways to go for that to happen.
  • Like 1

. In general, yes. My feelings probably parallel a lot of other fans when I say that it's frustrating as heck that we have not been able to secure one reliably talented QB since Fiacchi. Beyond that it appears the team is noticeably bigger, faster and perhaps stronger. The recruiting area has spread further south and UA appears to be a viable alternative for kids who have FBS offers. I would like to think that UA has worked it's way out of the bottom third of the CAA and into that middle pack of teams that can compete with every other team, but perhaps can't get to the top echelon without an exceptional year. Not worried about the D, but very worried about the O. Everything this year hinges on EB coming back from ACL, an inexperienced line coming together and one of the QBs showing that they can play in the CAA with consistency. I'm afraid that getting all three of those is like drawing to an inside straight. But as a fan I can only hope. Now the task is to get that 8th win to get to the tourney. Then the task is to surpass NH, JMU and UR. We've got a ways to go for that to happen.

Your offense conundrum reminds me of an often referred to triangle in the automotive enthusiast world:

You can only have 2 of the 3...fast, cheap, reliable.

Our offense is going to be similar this year...we can only have two of the following three...good line, good back, good QB. My guess is the first two happen.

• Like 1

Back in the year we played SBU in the 1st round, Dan Di Lella seemed to come out of nowhere and had a monster year.

There is no reason that one of our qbs can't burst out and have a monster year as well.

With the years in the CAA now, and the years of CAA recruiting under our belt, I'm hoping our O Line is more capable of

a strong year, as compared to what would have happened under same circumstances while in the NEC.

Back in the year we played SBU in the 1st round, Dan Di Lella seemed to come out of nowhere and had a monster year.[/size]

There is no reason that one of our qbs can't burst out and have a monster year as well.[/size]

With the years in the CAA now, and the years of CAA recruiting under our belt, I'm hoping our O Line is more capable of[/size]

a strong year, as compared to what would have happened under same circumstances while in the NEC.[/size]

. I do agree that the current recruits "should" be more athletically talented. The problem lies with communication and working together and I think that will always come with time. It usually takes extra time for a player returning from Knee surgery to get their full confidence back, so this year's EB may not be last year's EB. QB we can only hope one of them steps up. I'm not being negative or pessimistic here, just thinking realistically.

Did not want to start a new thread...but when do u think , if ever , we look at seriously moving up in conferences? We have flat out dominated the America East for sometime now and I believe that it will start to stunt our growth . The administration needs to determine if they want to continue being a big fish in a very small pond or challenge themselves and move up.

I think this a very legitimate issue and one that they should outline for their supporters .

Great question. My answer: Leadersip

My view is UA and the SUNY Centers generally are hampered in moving up until leadership (like the governor) gets involved. Gov Cuomo like Spitzer could take an interest in SUNY and pressure a conference. He could also sweeten the deal for the conference to take us.

I've heard of governors getting involved especially with conference realignment. Unlike Spitzer I hope the focus isn't just on SBU and UB.

It's crazy that New York has 400,000+ students and no Big 5 conference teams. The largest state university in one of the richest states... yet tiny Maryland is ACC?

It's there if the governor wants it. Leadership.

• Like 1

New York has 3x the population of Wisconsin or Maryland. 2x the enrollment of the UW system. A much larger media market over those two. And on and on. The structure just sucks with 64 campuses.

It's not magic. It's having a desire and leadership.

• Like 1

New York has 50% larger population than Michigan and it has at least 2 BCS state universities and at least 3 FBS state universities.

As a New Yorker in the Midwest it drives me crazy how far SUNY is and how NY could catch up if it wanted to.

That's all I'll say.

• Like 1

I happen to agree that nothing is going to happen . I don't mean to sound cheap or childish but that's the reason why I won't donate the money that I can . In my opinion what good would it do? I love albany and it's athletic programs, but me giving more money will not help us dominate the AE anymore then we already are... If I knew we were going places I would donate a lot more .