UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

wear purple Saturday

Yeah i know, some televangilist said the purple tele-tubby was gay; the team wears black and gold uniforms; the bookstore sells blue UAlbany sweatshirts, yada, yada ,yada. Let our players see that a good share of those 12000 people in the Arena are pulling for them.

Yeah i know, some televangilist said the purple tele-tubby was gay; the team wears black and gold uniforms; the bookstore sells blue UAlbany sweatshirts, yada, yada ,yada.  Let our players see that a good share of those 12000 people in the Arena are pulling for them.

18024[/snapback]

Except UA Varsity Club t-shirts are gold :o

Yeah i know, some televangilist said the purple tele-tubby was gay; the team wears black and gold uniforms; the bookstore sells blue UAlbany sweatshirts, yada, yada ,yada.  Let our players see that a good share of those 12000 people in the Arena are pulling for them.

18024[/snapback]

It's one thing for Jerry Fartwell to pick on toddlers, but he better not come to the game and preach to me about wearing purple.

Coach Sheffield must have gotten this memo early. He was styling tonight in a purple tie.

I'm looking forward to the day when they just divide the Pepsi in half for this game. Have a green side and a purple side. If you're neutral stay home.

BTW, I'm not trying to start any trouble but I saw the guy who started this thread tonight at the Bigpurplefans.com Arena...I mean the Old Gym. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt. Saving the purple one for Saturday?

Coach Sheffield must have gotten this memo early. He was styling tonight in a purple tie.

I'm looking forward to the day when they just divide the Pepsi in half for this game. Have a green side and a purple side. If you're neutral stay home.

BTW, I'm not trying to start any trouble but I saw the guy who started this thread tonight at the Bigpurplefans.com Arena...I mean the Old Gym. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt. Saving the purple one for Saturday?

18043[/snapback]

Who doesn't have at least 7 purple tee shirts. In order words one for each day of the week that Albany is better than that other local school we saw tonight!

Ironic some today would question the color purple... when historically the color signifies power, prestige, and royality or high rank. People used to idealize others who wore purple clothing because purple meant rarity and expensive. It was only worn by those with power (hence today's Purple Heart metal given to those wounded in battle but powerful enough to overcome and survive).

Power, Prestige, High Rank... purple is in fact very fitting for the Danes.

Ironic some today would question the color purple... when historically the color signifies power, prestige, and royality or high rank.  People used to idealize others who wore purple clothing because purple meant rarity and expensive.  It was only worn by those with power (hence today's Purple Heart metal given to those wounded in battle but powerful enough to overcome and survive). 

Power, Prestige, High Rank... purple is in fact very fitting for the Danes.

18096[/snapback]

And 'posters' like saints73 dare question a state education? I can come to this board to read/post about UAlbany sports and even get a history lesson here and there. :P Either way, I wear my PURPLE and GOLD with pride!

Can't wait til the game...GO DANES!!

Archived