UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

todays TU article on playing 2 games with Siena

Hard to argue with that. Gifford has looked pretty good in the time he's been out there. This will be a good chance to see what he can do with some more minutes. I still think Covington can be a good player for us. Hopefully he's able to find his role out there because he's still probably going to play plenty.

Well lets not forget that Gifford played 24 minutes at UConn infront of 10k, what is an extra 3k? Siena's freshman will be at a disadvantage with not having any experience in front of a crowd that will be at the pepsi tomorrow, it should be intresting to see how they handle the presure.

Covington has very little offensive game, while Gifford has a nice jump shot, hook shot and more size.  I'm just not sure how he's gona respond with 13000 people screaming all around, but I guess thats the same question that can be asked of all the Sieana freshmen playing.

18087[/snapback]

Based on the UCon game Gifford probably earned the start. Covington and Connelly will probably get as much time as Gifford. I feel comfortable with all three on defense. Covington just has had trouble on offense in the transition HS to college. If he keeps working, I think he will be fine. Siena has had trouble scoring from the three and this may help our interior defense. These teams are very evenly matched. Each has a lot of new comers and each has very good veterans returning. I'm going with the team with the biggest fan support---UAlbany.

Gifford really held his own in the UCONN game. He picked up his pace and played smart. If he can contend with a player who's 7'3", I'm confident in his potential. He just needs to continue to start games, gain experience at this level, and he'll definitely become an asset to the team. Starting him tomorrow is a great move.

Archived