Photo

[MBB] Game #18: 1/10/18 - 7:00pm - vs Stony Brook

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

When did the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality begin?
Wasn't in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s....

If, in fact, pansyism took hold and blossomed out of control,
did it start somewhere around that time?

Haven't the millenials been labeled 'generation snowflake'?

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#32 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,767 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

I don't know if I agree that this team is soft...to me they look like some adversity hit and they are trying to find themselves. These are the times you dig deep...get mad...go through a wall for a win. 

I think that's what CB was trying to say..they need to get mad...

#33 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Maybe Im exaggerating as well with the softness of our team and its more of just my opinion of that generation as a whole.

#34 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

Maybe Im exaggerating as well with the softness of our team and its more of just my opinion of that generation as a whole.

I'm technically part of the generation you speak of and even I'm ashamed of my 'peers' as a whole.

But I don't think it has to do with our team.

Edited by Eli, 10 January 2018 - 03:46 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#35 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

I dont know ask the baby boomers who created these "softies" (sarcasm) everyone talks about..ask them why they did what they did with their kids when they raised them. Everyone gets a trophy is more the parent's fault who made the rules that everyone gets one. Have you askes on of those parents why they wanted their kid to get a trophy? And then that same generation bashes the kids they raised lol. People hated the hippie kids in the 60s and 70s...all the same bias by each generation.

Anyone who uses generational bias is looking for excuses, including the coaching staff. Just lazy excuse in my opinion.

Edited by MRSGDG, 10 January 2018 - 04:56 PM.

#36 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,767 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

It's all crap...this generation, that generation...Life has a way of teaching its lessons. You either learn to bust your ass, work hard, push forward or you don't and not reap the rewards of hard work. 

#37 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

It's all crap...this generation, that generation...Life has a way of teaching its lessons. You either learn to bust your ass, work hard, push forward or you don't and not reap the rewards of hard work. 

Agreed, which is why its annoying when the bias is brought up. It is character , and if this team can't work hard and can't push forward as you stated then maybe that's on the coaching staff for not finding the certain kids with a certain personalities / character that need to be on the team because somehow other teams are out toughing us.

Edited by MRSGDG, 10 January 2018 - 04:58 PM.

#38 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,767 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Agreed, which is why its annoying when the bias is brought up. It is character , and if this team can't work hard and can't push forward as you stated then maybe that's on the coaching staff for not finding the certain kids with a certain personalities / character that need to be on the team because somehow other teams are out toughing us.

There have always been losers and always will be losers in life...I'm speaking in general terms regarding generational differences. 

Edited by Clickclack, 10 January 2018 - 04:59 PM.

#39 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

I'm excited to see how many minutes Cochran gets tonight.

I'm also interested in seeing what the attendance will be. SBU is typically a rivalry strong attendance game, but the students aren't back yet, and the team just suffered 2 bad losses. It will be interesting to see.

Edited by godanesgo99, 10 January 2018 - 05:16 PM.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#40 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,767 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

I'm excited to see how many minutes Cochran gets tonight.

I'm also interested in seeing what the attendance will be. SBU is typically a rivalry strong attendance game, but the students aren't back yet, and the team just suffered 2 bad losses. It will be interesting to see.

Agreed, can't wait to see if Cochran can build on a solid few minutes last game. 

#41 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

Anyone know the refs names? The short white guy is gonna screw this game. Very familiar with him.

GO DANES!!!

#42 nysteve661

nysteve661

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

Back to the headband for David. Should drop 30 tonight lol.

#43 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,767 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Sbu 4-4 from 3...

#44 KingDane

KingDane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Sbu 4-4 from 3...

Their shooting and Charles already sitting is a bad recipe

#45 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

We're coming, we're coming.... back in the lead

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users