Photo

Saturday Night

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#1 KingDane

KingDane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:10 PM

In the airport right now on my way to Albany. Here's to another sweet weekend.

#2 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

I thought LCC would have discontinued their basketball program by now...

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#3 jalidanefan

jalidanefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

$iena playing good ball against a very good Hofstra team.  Saturday should be a battle.

#4 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:25 AM

Siena loves to foul...we love to draw fouls. Saw a stat during or before the HC game that we have made more FT's then the opposition has attempted. Is that true and where could one find this stat?

As for this game...have Singletary go RIGHT at Wright, over and over and over. He's the key...sit him and Siena is much more beatable. We also rebound the heck out of the ball need to do that again. Siena is ranked as one of the worst teams in D1 when it comes to turnovers. 

We are ranked 16th in the country in FTA, Siena is ranked 295 when it comes to fouling. This serves a dual purpose, get us to the line for potentially easy points and gets them in foul trouble. The two emotional leaders and most crucial to their success are Wright and Bisping. 

Edited by Clickclack, 10 December 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#5 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

I'll add I've seen a number of their games, they are best when pushing pace hard and not allowing defense to set. Once the defense sets and they go half-court they have long stretches of being completely clueless. 

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

Siena loves to foul...we love to draw fouls. Saw a stat during or before the HC game that we have made more FT's then the opposition has attempted. Is that true and where could one find this stat?

We've made 194 free-throws through 10 games. Our opponents have 166 free-throw attempts.

#7 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

We've made 194 free-throws through 10 games. Our opponents have 166 free-throw attempts.

That's still amazing to me...wow...

#8 Patch

Patch

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

according to ESPN UA is 3rd in the nation in FTM per game and 4th in FTA per game

#9 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

Brett Bispbing was asked by Pastos what he thought of playing at SEFCU next year. He said didn't care just wanted series to continue. Best part was when he said they told the team they won't be playing us next year and the team was angry. He then went on to say the rivalry game with UA was one of the pieces siena used to recruit. BAHAHAHA
  • Eli likes this

#10 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:59 AM

Brett Bispbing was asked by Pastos what he thought of playing at SEFCU next year. He said didn't care just wanted series to continue. Best part was when he said they told the team they won't be playing us next year and the team was angry. He then went on to say the rivalry game with UA was one of the pieces siena used to recruit. BAHAHAHA

but it's OUR Superbowl...lol...stupid Siena fans. 

• Eli likes this

#11 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

T-U reports ticket sales of 7,573 as of this afternoon. Don't know how that compares to previous years' advance sale.

$iena attendance is down this year, has not hit 6,000 yet, under 5100 last night

#12 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

Two of our favorite "Writers" discuss Saturday's game

http://blog.timesuni...up-video/20995/

Edited by UAalum72, 10 December 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#13 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

Brown concerned about health of the Danes

#14 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'll add I've seen a number of their games, they are best when pushing pace hard and not allowing defense to set. Once the defense sets and they go half-court they have long stretches of being completely clueless. 

I've probably seen less but that's been my overall impression also. When their opponent also creates open space either pushing the pace or trapping (Manhattan and Hofstra) they've looked really good. They've struggled more with half-court oriented teams (Cornell, St. Peters.)

Looking forward to this game in part because it's Albany-Siena but also because they've improved and it will be a good test to see where we are at this point in the season.

I was hoping we'd have at least one of Charles or Peters back for Saturday but that's not looking so good.

#15 Clickclack

Clickclack

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

I've probably seen less but that's been my overall impression also. When their opponent also creates open space either pushing the pace or trapping (Manhattan and Hofstra) they've looked really good. They've struggled more with half-court oriented teams (Cornell, St. Peters.)

Looking forward to this game in part because it's Albany-Siena but also because they've improved and it will be a good test to see where we are at this point in the season.

I was hoping we'd have at least one of Charles or Peters back for Saturday but that's not looking so good.

I'll eat my hat if both of them aren't ready. Cb knew he didn't need them against garbage Marist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users