UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

Guy I talked to who saw the game said Canisius looked like Kentucky last night - five guys 6-6 or better, athletic, dunk at will. Good effort by Scotia.

That's a pretty good analogy. They probably had at least four D1 athletes on the floor, a couple for basketball and a couple for football. Ty Wheatley Jr. in the middle. He's one of the top recruits in the state for football, going to Michigan.

Tough for the public schools to compete with that kind of roster but they did.

Guy I talked to who saw the game said Canisius looked like Kentucky last night - five guys 6-6 or better, athletic, dunk at will. Good effort by Scotia.

That's a pretty good analogy. They probably had at least four D1 athletes on the floor, a couple for basketball and a couple for football. Ty Wheatley Jr. in the middle. He's one of the top recruits in the state for football, going to Michigan.

Whoa: Is that Tyrone Wheatley's kid?!?!

Man, I am aging...

Whoa: Is that Tyrone Wheatley's kid?!?!

Man, I am aging...

It is. There's only one alternative to again and it's not so good.

Verbal commits says we offered a scholarship to Kyle Benton. He is a forward at a JUCO in California. He was at Portland State his freshman year. They list him at 6'7" and 225 pounds.

Seems like the kind guy we would need. Played at what must be a terrific high school, his teammates were Jon Ross - headed to Long Beach State, and Eric Cooper Jr. who just had a pretty good freshman year at Nevada.

Our last California JUCO was pretty good - Gary Johnson.

We have a short term need for a productive big..but a long term need for guards. Cremo will be our only freshman or sophomore guard..and Mike Rowley will be our only junior or senior big. We've never done it before..but this would seem to be the perfect situation for a 5th year grad transfer. Get an effective post player and then immediately free up the scholarship for a guard in 2016. UAlbany does have great grad programs!

EDIT: Rich Peters will also be a junior. No senior bigs.

Edited by Phoenix

I was hoping for a "splash brothers" tag team with Cremo and Baker, especially with Cremo's ability to drive and kick. We've had departures before. Just have to trust in Coach at this point. He's found a way to get it done in the past. Question is - does he stray the course, and look for a majority of 3-4 year guys, or does he go the sexy JUCO/rent-a-player strategy that we did years back that didn't pan out?

I was hoping for a "splash brothers" tag team with Cremo and Baker, especially with Cremo's ability to drive and kick. We've had departures before. Just have to trust in Coach at this point. He's found a way to get it done in the past. Question is - does he stray the course, and look for a majority of 3-4 year guys, or does he go the sexy JUCO/rent-a-player strategy that we did years back that didn't pan out?

Seemed to work out last year with Singletary, Sanders and Peters. :)