UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Rank this team..

I guess it really depends when you started following the program. I didn't really start until the Siena game my sophomore year in 05-06 season. It wasnt until then did I start really following every game road and home. Went to bing for the semi finals and everything.

I will stick with ranking this years slightly edging out the first. Tough call either way. I'll go with the 1a 1b idea

Like everyone else, it's so difficult to compare the two teams for a final decision, but I'll add my humble opinion. The edge goes to 2005-06. As Dane96 states, the first time you do something it's so special. In addition to that factor, the reason why I go with the earlier year is because of our performance in two games. I loved how we took a commanding lead in the first half of the conference championship game against Vermont. That lead shows just how dominant we were in the conference that year. Of course, on the other hand, we didn't storm through the regular conference season as we did this year. The other reason why I chose the earlier year was our performance against UConn. As a sixteen seed against the number one school, I was absolutely stunned to see us take a 12-point lead against them in the second half. The game was in real doubt until virtually the last couple minutes. "Why not us?" If anybody else has a different opinion, believe me, I'll understand.

At the end off the day, without the 05-06 team, we're not even having this conversation. Probably give a slight edge to that team in terms of rank, but this years team was the most enjoyable for me. The story, the heart his team showed, and our flair for the dramatic were incredible.

I'm the most proud of this team though. Picked 4th in preseason I believe, and one loss in conference is ridiculous. We started 2-6 I believe also and went bonkers from there. The 05-06 team had a lot of expectations, honorable all-American in Jamar.

We killed it this year, and I'm pumped for next year. Just think of how well we played last night,

and think of all the pieces we have coming back.

Tend to agree with olddog, 05-06 for all the same reasons. Tough to compare the feelings the "SHOT" gave me to the total dominance and floor storming against vt in 05-06. But, I think the 05-06 team was a better basketball team overall. As 87 says let's hope next year tops them both.

• 4 months later...

Will was on the radio for an hour today; I'll post more in another thread, but while Chris Onorato said next year may be the most talented team we've ever had, Will said the 2005-06 team "would've beaten any other team he's had...by double digits". Siggers rode the bench on that team, and the next year he was all-conference.

Will was on the radio for an hour today; I'll post more in another thread, but while Chris Onorato said next year may be the most talented team we've ever had, Will said the 2005-06 team "would've beaten any other team he's had...by double digits". Siggers rode the bench on that team, and the next year he was all-conference.

You can't pick against Jamar because no one can stop Jamar. I honestly though the 06-07 might have been the tougher team even though they didn't win the regular season. The conference was much better that year and Vermont was really good.