UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SUNY Buffalo

Is the MAC that much better? How did they get a 13 seed their FIRST TIME EVER while we've been in the tourney now 5 times, 3 in a row, and we still get a 14?

I think they actually got a 12 seed.

That's correct, a 12 seed.

I keep track of UB because my daughter went there. When she was in school from 03-07 I took in a couple of their football games and they got pounded by Marshall and Central Michigan. I watched

the MAC BB semi and final and UB looks more athletic than UA. Of course, you'd need a magnifying glass to know the team is from Buffalo since their uniforms say State University of NEW YORK at Buffalo. It seems

they are ashamed to put "Buffalo" on their chest. I agree they should do basketball games with the other SUNY centers. In terms of football, hopefully our young team can compete with them in September. As I

recall Duquesne put a scare into them last year.

Why not a home and home with Buffalo in place of Siena?

They refuse to play us...they think they are to good to give an ae team a game. True story.
Do we know if this is actually true? They played at Binghamton this year and we are scheduled to play them in football this fall. Would be more of a hit if we beat them in FB than basketball Edited by UA'08

Why not a home and home with Buffalo in place of Siena?

They refuse to play us...they think they are to good to give an ae team a game. True story.
Do we know if this is actually true? They played at Binghamton this year and we are scheduled to play them in football this fall. Would be more of a hit if we beat them in FB than basketball

this may be changing but in the past when I asked a like two years ago that's what I was told...I haven't asked in a while.

UB is not scared of playing Albany but there has not been a lot of reason *to* play Albany. Maybe if Albany fans come out well to UB stadium this fall the department will see the value in future games (worked for Stony Brook).

Football - We get 4OOC football games a year. Typically one seven figure payout game and two 1:1's with mid majors. That leaves *1* FCS game a year. Twice we have played Stony Brook. Why has Albany not worked out? Well when I talked to UB's athletic director he said that last season he could only work out scheduling with the dukes.

Basketball - UB is already tied up in the "Big 4" games with Niagara, Canisius, and St Bonaventure. Though I have said I do see some reason in shifting away from that and toward the SUNY4. Albany and Stony Brook are now on par with the Griffs and Purps. Though Bingo's state is far worse than anyone in the Big4 and should be for some years to come.

The problem in hoops is that we don't have the room on our schedule to do both the Big4 and SUNY4. Right now it makes a lot more sense for UB to play historical cross town rivals than Albany or Stony Brook

UB is not scared of playing Albany but there has not been a lot of reason *to* play Albany. Maybe if Albany fans come out well to UB stadium this fall the department will see the value in future games (worked for Stony Brook).

Football - We get 4OOC football games a year. Typically one seven figure payout game and two 1:1's with mid majors. That leaves *1* FCS game a year. Twice we have played Stony Brook. Why has Albany not worked out? Well when I talked to UB's athletic director he said that last season he could only work out scheduling with the dukes.

Basketball - UB is already tied up in the "Big 4" games with Niagara, Canisius, and St Bonaventure. Though I have said I do see some reason in shifting away from that and toward the SUNY4. Albany and Stony Brook are now on par with the Griffs and Purps. Though Bingo's state is far worse than anyone in the Big4 and should be for some years to come.

The problem in hoops is that we don't have the room on our schedule to do both the Big4 and SUNY4. Right now it makes a lot more sense for UB to play historical cross town rivals than Albany or Stony Brook

On par with Griffs and Purps...lmao...

In terms of WNY brand awareness and overall performance do you think you're way batter than Niagara or Canisius? You were 6-7 out of conference and one of those was a nearly 20 point loss to Niagara (who is having a really down few years).

Like I said. You and Stony Brook are playing at the level of a decent MAAC team, no shame in that and it's why you're the only two programs in the AE with an RPI better than 193. If you were in the MAAC I think both schools would do fine.

In terms of WNY brand awareness and overall performance do you think you're way batter than Niagara or Canisius? You were 6-7 out of conference and one of those was a nearly 20 point loss to Niagara (who is having a really down few years).

Like I said. You and Stony Brook are playing at the level of a decent MAAC team, no shame in that and it's why you're the only two programs in the AE with an RPI better than 193. If you were in the MAAC I think both schools would do fine.

Thanks for the clarification, didn't realize you were speaking WNY brand awareness. As for on the court, yes, I think we are significantly better over the course of the year then Niagara for instance, (haven't looked at the Griffs). They beat us when Hooley was home with a flu that at one point the school thought was mono and two other starters were basically non-functional. Look at any measure of performance throughout the year and yeah, it's not close. If you blow that out to the last 2 or 3 years, again...not close with all due respect.

Edited by Clickclack