UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Awesome to read the comments! Looks like they like Naticoke BUT they were blaming everybody and not giving credit to UA - Albany downright outplayed them. Every facet - Defense Outstanding, Faceoff - Offense - even goal keeping - Goal keeping was about even BUT Albany took far more shots and scored a lot more - so not really.

Edited by HOF2013

Like the header for the story

statement.jpg

Screw that "New York's College Team". Albany is THE State University of New York.. or maybe New York's State University

Highlights from the ACC announcers in the broadcast:

At 4-1:

"The Syracuse defense has been flawless today, except for the mistakes that gave Albany four goals"

At 7-2:

"...and Syracuse is back in the game"

At 11-2:

"Albany is well on their way to victory"

For lacrosse veterans: they said SU had never scored fewer than five goals in the modern era (since 2002). What makes that the modern era - is that when the stall warning was introduced? This must be what old guys felt like in the 1940s when they decided the modern era of baseball started in 1900.

And I was kind of joking saying the man up needed work, but there wasn't much else to criticize.

They talk about us like the 'aints fans used to (or still do)

Especially liked this quote - "imagine a world where 5 star basketball prospects from durham starting going to UNCC. that's basically what we're dealing with here."

statement.jpg

Screw that "New York's College Team". Albany is THE State University of New York.. or maybe New York's State University

At 4-1:

"The Syracuse defense has been flawless today, except for the mistakes that gave Albany four goals"

At 7-2:

At 11-2:

For lacrosse veterans: they said SU had never scored fewer than five goals in the modern era (since 2002). What makes that the modern era - is that when the stall warning was introduced? This must be what old guys felt like in the 1940s when they decided the modern era of baseball started in 1900.

And I was kind of joking saying the man up needed work, but there wasn't much else to criticize.

Oh I know that - I saw that headline - read on UA Sports twitter that it was actual 1973 when Syracuse scored 2 goals in a game.

Edited by HOF2013

Especially liked this quote - "imagine a world where 5 star basketball prospects from durham starting going to UNCC. that's basically what we're dealing with here."

statement.jpg

At 4-1:

At 7-2:

At 11-2:

Oh I know that - I saw that headline - read on UA Sports twitter that it was actual 1973 when Syracuse scored 2 goals in a game.

What BS - I stopped reading after a while - Did not see that one!! What an ass!!!!! UA has about 6 - 7 1000 more students than Syracuse too - They have been DI sports for a LOT LONGER and they just can't get over it. I would LOVE to see the FB team play them REALLY tough in '21 - get them off the high horse.

I was in the car returning from down south when the game was on and the live stats could barely keep up in the third. Then I watched the replay last night. Holy cow! Tehoka sure shoots a lot, but I’m sure that’ll change a bit as they get deeper in the schedule. You can’t argue with 5 goals. Syracuse did a nice job holding Fields in check, but the fun of 2018 is going to be watching how opposing D coaches deal with Tehoka and Jakob. Pick your poison. Who do you want to stop? Tehoka is going to get roughed up I’m sure, but he’s fully capable of returning the favor and those big defenders do not like being pushed back like a feather. What a bull that kid is. JD had a hell of a game. And TD...ahhhh TD. Superb. Imagine the Thompson era with TD at the X. Happy MLax fan here.

I don't know how to spell tehoka name... Right but I probably should learn. What an animal... Good grief? This is what it feels like to have a #1 recruit? I like it!

Tehoka did have an amazing coming out party. Hard to do with all of the hype surrounding him. We did have #1 recruits in the past and the only team to ever have co-winners of the Tewaaraton with Miles and Lyle. The difference now is we also have players, quite a few of them who could play for any team in the country. Tehoka is a huge missing piece, but this is more than just Tehoka. I know you were not saying that, but as a dad of a kid on the team, I always get a little ticked with the way Albany gets treated in the press and why I am always pounding the table that UA HAS to do a better job of promoting this program. Beating, no demolishing Syracuse 15-3 would be like the football team taking down a top 10 FBS team. Can you imagine the buzz that would create?

Coach Marr does an amazing job, but the real credit goes to Gleason and Thomson. Those are the guys who are out beating the bushes finding the guys that for whatever reason are getting overlooked by the BIG schools. Also credit to Coach Eccles and former player and volunteer coach Tim Cox who did a great job as well.

Now off my soap box LOL - Just sped through the game to see what it looked like on TV. I guess what really makes me excited is that the team offense for a lot of the game didn't look anything like it can, and Syracuse has some really stout close defenders.

We need to get a few key guys healthy, and continue to work on the offensive chemistry. I really liked the new faces on close D. Much more athletic than in past years. Just stay focused and grounded and it could be a special season.

• Like 1