UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (3-2) - Albany Cup 2016 - Sun 11/27 @ 7PM

Eli

From my viewpoint there were a lot of Siena fans in sections 500-550, and 250-300, but very few anywhere else, so probably not over 1000.

The floor sign didn't have any stats at any time except at halftime.

Will have to watch the replay to see what Patsos did for the technical.

Aints fans chanting "Will Brown's bald spot" but "Patsos's stomach" doesn't have a good rhythm for a chant.

Despite the standing room, attendance listed as the usual sellout of 4538.

Almost 2100 on hand as the women come from behind for the 88-86 win in OT.

Edited by UAalum72

Can you just imagine what the series record would be for the modern time (since 2001) if the play site had alternated between the TUC and SEFCU? Don't tell me that the home court doesn't have any advantage?

Going forward Let's just win on our home court and continue to win 2/3 on the road (4 out of last 6 there ) if LCC isn't afraid to continue with a real series after this one ends next year :)

Edited by bob87

They have a very similar view of our coach... Beauty is in the eyes of a beholder. Is my math correct in that this is 4 put of 6 for us lately in this series?

Interesting. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen Brown act like Patsos does regularly. The guy is a mess and is career record as a coach is not very good. Brown has made some comments in the press a few times in the past but I've never felt embarrassed by him.

Agreed!

Can you just imagine what the series record would be for the modern time (since 2001) if the play site had alternated between the TUC and SEFCU? Don't tell me that the home court doesn't have any advantage?

Agreed.

All-Time series is now 34-23 (Siena). The DI series is in favor of Siena 10-6, with Albany winning 4 of the last 5, and 5 of the last 7. The series (DI years) is as follows:

2001- Siena (by 12)

2002- Siena (by 4)

2003- Siena (by 21)

2004- Albany (by 21)

2005- Siena (OT)

2006- Siena (Double OT)

2007- Siena (By four)

2008- Siena (By seven)

2009- Siena (by nineteen)

2010- Albany (OT)

2011- Siena (by four)

2012- Albany (by thirteen)

2013- Albany (by 12)

2014- Albany (by 9)

2015- Siena (by 8)

2016- Albany

Considering Albany didn't make its mark (winning the AE) until 2005, that's a fair point to say when the program "arrived". Since that time, Siena is 7-5 against the Danes, including 2-1 in OT's. But again, we are 5-2 in the last 7 years. I'd have to think with what we have returning, and they have coming back, we are clear favorites for next season (on paper).

Suffice to say, this is an even match-up...no matter what their fans think.

If we don't get a home-and-home...drop the series.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2