UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is UAlbany now a lacrosse destination

I just don't see UA in a conference like the Big East or AAC. Our endowment is pathetic with respect to most of the othe schools. Both would require major upgrades to facilities, which means money the university does not have or the state won't provide. The CAA is a decent incremental experience ncrease. I'm really dead set against going FBS.

If we joined the CAA all our expenses go up. Way to many schools in the south we would be a geographic outlier. As much as we might dislike it the AE is the right fit for us. CAA is perfect for football. Only reason we should join the CAA is if UNH, Maine and SBU leave the AE for the CAA. Then only does it make sense.

Edited by B9j2j6s
  • Like 1

Towson (12-4) 6-1

UMass (7-8) 4-3
Hofstra (11-3) 3-3
Drexel (6-8) 3-3
Fairfield (5-9) 2-3
Delaware (7-8) 0-5
Albany (15-3) 8-0
Binghamton (11-5) 5-3
UMBC (6-8) 4-3
Stony Brook (7-7) 3-4
Hartford (6-8) 2-4
Vermont (5-8) 1-5
UMass Lowell (4-12) 1-5
The caa is NOT a step up in lacrosse. Look @ the #S; the caa won 30 occ games; the ameast also 30 (so take out Lowell to make the # of teams even, 30caa, 27ameast. In the past 15 years ameast has sent multiple teams to the ncaa @ least 3 times, I doubt the caa has done it at all {may be once?} Everyone except vermont has been to the show in the past 15 or so years. I do not think the same is true in the caa (caa lacrosse as configured has not even been in existence that long.) Call the leagues even if you want (I do not agree), but even then the additional expense would not be cost effective. With the good young coaching growth in ameast lacrosse, I think its future will get even stronger.