UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I just read something that scares me to death for our beloved football team. Maine opens the season Sept 3 with Nebraska...you read it right...The Cornhuskers of Nebraska! This after beating 1A SEC Mississippi State last year in Miss 10-7. I realize Miss State was not that good but they are a little better then Monmouth! They will lose to Nebraska big, but they will be battle tested and be very ready for a team with limited scholarships coming in for Home Coming! I was reading about Maine and how big they are and how nasty they play! This game may be a huge mistake.

On the other hand anything can and sometimes does happen! Like the website says "On any given Saturday"

The seniors have played Montana, Northeastern, Hofstra - they know what they're in for, and even the newcomers will have played Hofstra and UMass. It's our fourth game too.

Keep in mind - Maine has never beaten Albany (42-39 victory in 1977).

I meant that they would probably lose by 50!

Well, that's possible. 30 is probable.

Maine homecoming isn't until Oct. 22. This is their third home game, and I think we should provide more competition than their home opener vs. William Penn (last year 3-8, NAIA).

Hey everyone,

I was reading some opinions and they are all totally valid for sure. Even going back to last season, I really do believe that the tough out of conference schedule (i.e. Hofstra opening night) really drained Bob Ford's squad more than people think. It was their hardest schedule in quite a long time and despite losing by one during that fall afternoon against Monmouth, I think that it really affected the team.

This year, they once again need to regroup as the team has lost really valuable players due to graduation. However, if any coach can get this squad ready for another NEC Title, it is Bob Ford.

Mike Landsman

Sports Director - WCDB Albany 90.9FM

This years team is already better then last years team. We lost 3 key players last season that mattered. Gudmendson, Bazan, and Campbell. Everyone else wjho graduated was not that big of a deal. The lack of an impact player is why we were 4-7, that, the inability to throw the ball,and poor coaching decisions in critical Confrence games....ie Monmouth, RMC, and CConn....should of won 2 of the 3. Losses all due to not picking up a measly yard and missed FG's! Hence the JUCO kicker.

The QB play will be much improved and it sounds like we have some outsdtanding JUCO transfers(QB, WR, Kicker, and OL). I fully expect to win EVERY CONFRENCE GAME THIS YEAR!!!!

We will be crushed by Hofstra, Maine, and UMASS. Fordham can be beat. A good showing last year against Hofstra would of been a boost for Albany. Unfortunatly we all know how that went.

I agree we can't keep scheduling like this until we are on the same page athletically. WE NEED TO HAVE A WINNING SEASON!!!!

8-3 would be the best we can hope for.

Glad to hear that some of you are considering the trip to Orono.....one of the best times of the year in Maine (peak foliage too).

We did Amherst, MA in a mini-van in about 5.5 hours when I was in school, so add that to however long it takes to get to Amherst.

Tailgating has really improved a lot over the last few years, there should be a good 300-500 people tailgating and they are very friendly.....so don't be afraid to say "hi" (they may even offer you a cold one :) ). Tailgating starts 3 hours before kick-off, so get to the stadium early for the pre-game food and drink. Right now, the Maine website still lists game time as TBA.