UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Holy Cross - 9/17/16 at 7PM

8040 - 95% of capacity. Even the berm was almost full.

Holy Cross board says we were faking the cramps - I don't know why we would.

HC got 498 yards in each of its first two games, so this was just average for them.

I think Ibitokun-Hanks broke four tackles during that five-yard TD run.

Who was taking kickoffs for UA tonight? He nearly

broke loose 3 times. Special Teams, minus the 1 missed field goal was spectacular tonight.

I believe that was Dion Alston who was once a RB and is now a WR I guess.

The guy who spelled Hanks when he got hurt briefly, Rogers something or other, was pretty decent too.

We made no major mistakes other than that early PI and that STUPID out of bounds late hit in the first quarter by #25...our game was mostly clean with few penalties otherwise. Albany looks REALLY good. Just need to shore up our pass defense and we'll be solid.

Edited by Eli

This team looked great today... Sussman, who's ass I've been busting all season really showed something today. Was flinging it all over the place. Hanks is an animal... O line opened huge holes. Need that secondary to get a little tighter... Gave up a lot of yards in the second half.

All in all a solid A grade. Season has already exceeded my expectations. Let's get #4 next week.

Glad we won. Sussman was great and Hanks superb. As was the line Dolce had a monster game at DE. Lots of players dinged up and too bad about #27.

Two complaints, one major and one minor. Apparently some asst AD made a decision to deny the use of previously purchased stadium seats in attempting to force patrons to rent the ones there. From what I hear there was a firestorm of disgruntled folks, including me. I pitched a fit and they allowed us to bring them in but only for this game. WTF???? So they've been selling stadium seats to use at the stadium and now are preventing people from bringing them into the stadium? Who is in charge of this idiocy? And they want us to contribute and join GDAC and fork over money to be treated this way? Ruined my evening to be honest. Minor complaint: concession lines were awful. No grab and go for water and popcorn. GDAC hospitality was easy to get into but they did not sell anything but alcoholic beverages. No water, no soda, no juice....come on people, I know this is new, but you have to do better than that. If we can't bring our seats in and are limited to booze in the GDAC section what's the point of joining? I'll stop all athletic dept contributions and use the money to pay for overpriced parking and the stupid rent-a-seats.

Ok, rant is over, but the athletic department is going to get an earful this week, and from what I heard a lot more disgruntled people. Way to build a fan base UA!

• Like 1

By the way...didn't know about the gameday app until they announced it at game today. Very happy about that.

Gameday app?

Glad we won. Sussman was great and Hanks superb. As was the line Dolce had a monster game at DE. Lots of players dinged up and too bad about #27.

Two complaints, one major and one minor. Apparently some asst AD made a decision to deny the use of previously purchased stadium seats in attempting to force patrons to rent the ones there. From what I hear there was a firestorm of disgruntled folks, including me. I pitched a fit and they allowed us to bring them in but only for this game. WTF???? So they've been selling stadium seats to use at the stadium and now are preventing people from bringing them into the stadium? Who is in charge of this idiocy? And they want us to contribute and join GDAC and fork over money to be treated this way? Ruined my evening to be honest. Minor complaint: concession lines were awful. No grab and go for water and popcorn. GDAC hospitality was easy to get into but they did not sell anything but alcoholic beverages. No water, no soda, no juice....come on people, I know this is new, but you have to do better than that. If we can't bring our seats in and are limited to booze in the GDAC section what's the point of joining? I'll stop all athletic dept contributions and use the money to pay for overpriced parking and the stupid rent-a-seats.

Ok, rant is over, but the athletic department is going to get an earful this week, and from what I heard a lot more disgruntled people. Way to build a fan base UA!

Agreed on your gripes. I'm renting my seat, but I'd have been LIVID if I was told my previously purchased seat wouldn't be allowed in. What a joke. I came in really early for this game (thought it was at 6PM lol) so I had plenty of time to use the regular concessions before the crowd amassed but agreed...if I can't buy ALL the same stuff in the GDAC area that I can at the regular concessions...what is the point?

1. Back to my rental seat: I'm not sure I like it. The back support is nice...but they are far too short in the seat area itself...I felt like I was sitting on the a 2x4. I'm considering emailing them to tell them to take it off and pro-rate me a refund. Or keep the $20 I guess...consider it another donation to GDAC.
  2. I do have one good comment about the new parking setup though...I have the SEFCU parking for FB this year and it was pretty smooth sailing in how they did it. They effectively shut traffic down on that stretch of the 'loop' to cars that have the yellow hanging pass. This made it a LOT easier to get in and out as there wasn't a huge cluster of cars (some of which are just passing through to the dutch quad parking lot) causing chaos. So, if you park in dutch, just come in from Washington Ave. or Fuller, FYI. Western Ave. entrance is best for those parking in the SEFCU lot...and I'm guessing this will hold true for BB as well.
  3. The gameday area buffet was great. For $11.50+tax, I PIGGED OUT. I still bought popcorn and water at concessions, but after having been riding my motorcycle all day and not eating anything...the buffet was a great. This was also a good part of last years game experience. Good food, not expensive, etc.
  4. I wish they would put the same people as 'ushers' in the same sections so they can learn the 'regulars'. It annoys me when I have my hands full with concessions, jacket, drinks, etc. that I need to get my ticket stub out, etc. just to prove that I know where my seat is. Just like I know the fans in my area now (Jimbo, others), it'd be nice to not be hassled as a season ticket holder over my stub. I told the guy I'm a donor and he backed off immediately but come on...I understand why they ask for stubs (students sitting wherever) but it can be improved IMO. #firstworldproblems

Regarding the game...what the heck was that excessive celebration on Zee Roberson all about? He did the Cam Newton superman shirt thing and dusted himself off...and got a flag. What a joke. When did the NCAA become the NFL, aka No Fun League?

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Regarding the game...what the heck was that excessive celebration on Zee Roberson all about? He did the Cam Newton superman shirt thing and dusted himself off...and got a flag. What a joke. When did the NCAA become the NFL, aka No Fun League?

That's what the ref told Gattuso, that Zee popped his shirt. But I'm pretty sure he did it to the crowd, not to mock the opponents. Lame penalty.

• Like 2