UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WBB JUCO Transfer

Terrific. A three-point shooter is exactly what the team needs.

I couldn't agree more that the team needs some shooters, but she is listed at 6'1", and a forward... Where are the 5'8"-5'9" shooting guards?

She could play the 3, let the guards drive and kick to her.

I couldn't agree more that the team needs some shooters, but she is listed at 6'1", and a forward... Where are the 5'8"-5'9" shooting guards?

I guess I am just worried about her quickness. Other than Shereesa how many fast 6-footers does women's basketball (particularly at this level) produce?

I guess I am just worried about her quickness. Other than Shereesa how many fast 6-footers does women's basketball (particularly at this level) produce?

Carter is pretty quick at getting up and down the floor. Also, Julie added the 3 ball to her arsenal her senior year and she had height as well. Will be cool to have her younger sister Heather on the team as well.

To answer your question, it seems like many schools in the bigger conferences have more height in the back court to go along with post players up front. The Duke player who buried the 3 that beat us had some height. So I think there is plenty of height to go around.

Carter is pretty quick at getting up and down the floor. Also, Julie added the 3 ball to her arsenal her senior year and she had height as well. Will be cool to have her younger sister Heather on the team as well.

To answer your question, it seems like many schools in the bigger conferences have more height in the back court to go along with post players up front. The Duke player who buried the 3 that beat us had some height. So I think there is plenty of height to go around.

1) TJC might be quick in getting up court, but I don't see her having a quick release on a jump-shot.

2) I didn't really recall Julie expanding her range, and while she may have added more of a mid-range game, her 3-point numbers don't show a dramatic difference. Still, in her senior year she was 4-17 from 3-pt. range, which was an increase from one attempt in her junior year, so I concede that point!

3) Agreed about Heather. The Forster family seems committed to this university, and you have to appreciate the dedication they have exhibited so far.

4) While I agree Duke had great size, I think there is likely to be some difference between a 4-year ACC 6-footer and a two-year AE 6-footer, especially in terms of coordination and quickness.

Here's to getting 5 in a row...good to see Coach Abe is sticking around!

Edited by haggyland

1) TJC might be quick in getting up court, but I don't see her having a quick release on a jump-shot.

2) I didn't really recall Julie expanding her range, and while she may have added more of a mid-range game, her 3-point numbers don't show a dramatic difference. Still, in her senior year she was 4-17 from 3-pt. range, which was an increase from one attempt in her junior year, so I concede that point!

3) Agreed about Heather. The Forster family seems committed to this university, and you have to appreciate the dedication they have exhibited so far.

4) While I agree Duke had great size, I think there is likely to be some difference between a 4-year ACC 6-footer and a two-year AE 6-footer, especially in terms of coordination and quickness.

Here's to getting 5 in a row...good to see Coach Abe is sticking around!

Oh I agree on Carter about her release, definitely not a jumpshooter at this point. Julie might not have been all that effective from downtown, but teams had to defend her, which kept Eb and Lindsey open for their looks. And I also agree on your 4th point. I was just pointing out that there are taller guards that can shoot the rock.