UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Abe

As Sarge pointed out we should also be worried about Coach Abe's possible moves.

ESPN doesn't seem to have an updated 14-15 women's NCAA basketball coaching change list... I can only find the 13-14 one. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9109233/ncaa-division-coaching-changes-2013-14-season Maybe someone else can find it.

If this list is complete WBCA Coaching Changes, the only really big jobs open so far are Arkansas, Houston, and Oregon. Maybe Georgetown, or North Dakota State (which seems flush with cash right now). With what we've got coming back next year (only Philip graduating) it may be more profitable for her to wait one more year.

I assume this is current even though it says 2013-14 because Scholl was just told she wouldn't be rehired at Bing, and Burr recently retired at Brown.

Edited by UAalum72

Given her history and resume..I'd have to think she would have her eyes on Big 10 and Big 12 schools. Kansas State had an opening..but already hired TCU's coach..though that now means they have an opening. I'd have to imagine the Georgetown spot would be appealing too.

Not Georgetown - that program is a mess and the Big East is not what it once was. If Coach Abe leaves it will be Big 10, Big 12, SEC , ACC or maybe Pac 12 - these are conferences that routinely have multiple bids in the women's tournament. I mean more than 2 teams on a regular basis.

Coach Abe and Coach Brown are very smart people. The lure of the big time is not all it's smacked up to be. UA is a growing program and a winning program. Perhaps a move to a stronger conference would satisfy their competitive ambitions. Both coaches appear to be happy. If you're happy, your family is happy why trade that for the unknown?