UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE TV

UA'08

Much to my wife's chagrin, I was fixed in front of the TV flipping back and forth between the UNH/Bing game (very exciting finish by the way) on TW3 and the Boston/UVM game on NESN, and making frequent runs to the computer to monitor the play-by-play of the UA/Maine game on the ESPN site. NESN also gave periodic updates on all the AE games. After the TW3 game I watched America East On Campus. They had a segment on our women's lax team. Did you know that the UAlbany women's lax team has the highest average GPA of any D-1 women's team in the country?

I hope a TV station carries America East games in the near future. It appears as though MSG carries NEC games. Given that the America East has major state universities as its conference members, we have got to have a large alumni base in New England. No?

Somewhat related, but I was always hopeful that the conference would organize a "Conference Challenge" tournament like the Big Ten-ACC Challenge. As well as helping to fill the OOC schedule, teams could be matched by expectations to allow for comparable RPI match-ups.

I am sure there would be a nice fit out there somewhere...

I hope a TV station carries America East games in the near future. It appears as though MSG carries NEC games. Given that the America East has major state universities as its conference members, we have got to have a large alumni base in New England. No?

So the AE games would probably be on NESN or FoxSports New England, which isn't carried by cable in the Albany area anyway.

I guess I have one more thing in my life for which to be grateful. Here in western Mass, we get Sports New England, NESN, and TW3. However, don't everyone rush to move here. We like our peace and quiet too.

Somewhat related, but I was always hopeful that the conference would organize a "Conference Challenge" tournament like the Big Ten-ACC Challenge. As well as helping to fill the OOC schedule, teams could be matched by expectations to allow for comparable RPI match-ups.

I am sure there would be a nice fit out there somewhere...

YES! I've been hoping for something like this for a few years now. I hope someday it happens. I would like to see a AE vs. MAAC challenge or a AE vs. Patriot League or even an AE vs. IVY League challenge. Perhaps even NEC or the MAC. A-10, MAC, and CAA might be too out of our league at this point, however ... .

That's why I've seen none but four Albany games this season. It's tough to be a fan out here in New Jersey. You don't get anything.

They had two games on Fox Sports New York this year. Do you get that?

As for what channel would carry it I think we are seeing it this year. It will be carried on of the local sports stations. Stony Brook and Albany have been on Fox Sports New York. BU, UNH, Maine and VT games are on NESN. Not sure what other channels carry America East games.

Actually, yeah, I saw the Vermont game on there, I don't think I saw any else on that channel though. Probably missed it. That's why I haven't been following Albany as much. I knew Jamar personally which is why I was such a big fan last season, and I wanted to keep up on the team again but it's a lot of work for me since I live so far.

Archived