UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC Today

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh, I want something a bit more bitting than an Oompa Loompa..lol. Plus it's 3:30pm on gameday..I'm no graphic artist here.

I think simple black and white "STOP DWI" signs without his name or number or anything works. Like '72 suggested, it'd act more like a PSA if it didn't identify him. If we weren't playing UMBC and we had the sign, it'd look like something totally normal.

Ehh, I want something a bit more bitting than an Oompa Loompa..lol. Plus it's 3:30pm on gameday..I'm no graphic artist here.

I think simple black and white "STOP DWI" signs without his name or number or anything works. Like '72 suggested, it'd act more like a PSA if it didn't identify him. If we weren't playing UMBC and we had the sign, it'd look like something totally normal.

I vote YES for STOP DWI...but put a big fat red circle with a slash over it if you can!!!

That's so personal.

Maybe generic 'Stop DWI' posters, displayed when he's introduced or at the foul line - as a public service announcement , of course.

What's the story? If anyone was injured I'd probably say to lay off.

I think it would be appropriate to say "Stop DWI" or make up some MADD posters that our lady dane fans can hold up. I'm all for joshing the opposition but WANTED is probably a bit to personal and mean spirited.

I think this one should be let be. We all make mistakes, and for the most part, Johnson seems to have righted his.

Way too personal and we are classier as a fan base than that. We (well...I know you can) be more creative than that.

Maybe an oompa loompa thing for Jay Greene?

I'm sure our players got their fair share of taunts at Duke (and other basketball fora, including St. Bon Bon's gym) -- with many of those chants being far worse than some of the ones proposed in the foregoing posts -- but that doesn't mean that our standard of conduct should be lowered to the standards that exist in the ACC, A-10, or at SUNY Bingo. I'm probably with you guys and Dane96 in letting this one slide. However, if there is any B.S. that arises during the game, feel free to let him have it in accordance with the foregoing ideas for chants/taunts!

:)

I'm OK with not taunting him, as D96 said, the kid made a mistake and appears to have righted the ship. If he starts something though, keep the STOP DWI chant cocked and loaded. No reason to think he would but you never know, I know nothing about him. Who knows he appears to be a nice enough guy.

Is this going to be on Dane Zone? I checked, and it doesn't look like? If it's not, looks like yet another Albany game I can't see. *Sigs*...It's really hard even with the internet and digital cable and stuff to be a Danes fan in Jersey.

Can't you just get your parent's to pack up and move here?

lol...HOLY $iena....how many STOP DWI signs did you make GoDanesGo? I couldnt make it in from Boston today, and they flashed to the student section and there were SO MANY signs.

Funny $iena.

Arena looks and sounds good when plugged into my speakers and tv!

Archived