UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC Postgame

my stat of the night...15 points on 11 turnovers for UMBC while UA had 5 points on like 8 turnovers. The other one would have been the three-point shooting, but I can't be upset since it was equal near the end.

It does seem that Brent loves the outside three. Only problem is he is having serious issues nailing the shots.

While UMBC is of course the cream of the crop in the AE and deserves the regular season title, the last two games for them proves that they can falter. The team is good, but beatable if you play smart.

I have nothing to really complain about after this game, other then maybe the missed layup by Jerel. Jerel, please for the love of all that is holy and just, if your gonna throw it down, throw it down, otherwise lay it up.

I really though we were gonna pull this out once we got into OT, as Barbosa was cramping up all over the place and they had really no depth. Kudos to them, those guys are TOUGH, I was very very impressed. Both teams never backed down, UMBC simply made less mistakes.

I thought we played well today, the defensive intensity was there. I love how Turley is coming along, he had a hand in the face of Proctor ALL GAME those fade aways were unstoppable. His inside moves and aggressiveness was something to behold. Turley is bar none our best back to the basket player. Can't wait to see what this kid will do in a year or two. We finally have a real back to the basket low post presence, he simply needs a little more work.

Brian, played like Brian. I nearly fainted on that last second 3....WOW, that kid has stones the size of bowling balls. Coach Brown coaches his a$$ off, team played hard. We simply got beat by the better team today.

National Anthem was terrific. It's been a long time coming and hopefully not the last time!

I know Hastings is probably going to be raked over the coals for missing the layup late in OT but I thought he did a nice job defensively on Greene. Greene looked really umcomfortable when Hastings was guarding him and you could see his confidence rise when they switched to put Hastings on Proctor who had been killing us.

Seemed like in the first half we didn't look to go after offensive rebounds in an attempt to keep UMBC from running. Switched on that strategy in the second half and clobbered them with offensive boards (19!) For better or worse that's our game right now. Ambrose's shot selection isn't always great but if nothing else he drives and gets potential rebounders out of position. We had a lot of offensive boards off his shots which I guess is good (?)

Turley had the loudest 7 points I can remember. I could have sworn he'd have double figures, pretty productive night anyway with 5 rebounds. Lillis took some wild shots in the first half but settled down and was really going to town in the paint. I enjoyed watching that. That Lillis three was magic.

Tough loss to swallow, UMBC is a good CAA...I mean AE team but I think they can be had.

I don't think Jerel deserves to be raked over the coals. He did play stingy D, his miss didn't lose the game but overall I think he did more good then bad. It was just such a bunny! Damn....poor kid must feel terrible. That shot would have put us up by 1 instead UMBC came down and Proctor hit on a fade away and UMBC went up by 3.

For a team rebuilding, we are coming along nicely. No shame in losing this game it's just frustrating to think....what if. What if Jerel puts that shot down! No worries, the team is coming together just fine.

Jon is also looking like a new player. I haven't looked at the box score but he looks to be getting his 3 point shot back.

Remember, remember.......we lost twice to UVM and then beat them on their court. We can do it again, getting the #2 seed is crucial though. Must take care of business the rest of the way. Beat Bingo and then BU. We have a tie breaker over UVM.

I fully expect this game to be discussed ad nauseum, but I only have one question:

Besides Tim Ambrose is there currently a player on the UA roster that can follow his own missed shot with an offensive rebound?

Yes, Brian Lillis.

He's usually knocked to the ground by that point.

Wow! what a game. tough loss but we played good. I think we can take UMBC if matched up again if we can find a way to stop Proctor. It's not like we didn't get a hand in his face, he just dropped shot after shot. Loved the way big Al played and Lillis in the 2nd half was just..............Lillis. The kids just got heart, lots of heart

"National Anthem was terrific. It's been a long time coming and hopefully not the last time!" - Dane Pound
the singer sends her thanks for the very kind words ...

"We can do it again, getting the #2 seed is crucial though. Must take care of business the rest of the way. Beat Bingo and then BU. We have a tie breaker over UVM." - bosiydid

key for the AE tournament seedings is to avoid bing at bing ... if UA is going to have to get through UMBC, see them in Vestal in a semi-final, rather than at their place in the final ... set it up for another UA-Vermont championship game back at SEFCU a la 05-06 ... too tired right now to figure out what is possible ...

"I don't think Jerel deserves to be raked over the coals. He did play stingy D, his miss didn't lose the game but overall I think he did more good then bad. It was just such a bunny! Damn....poor kid must feel terrible." - bosiydid

Jerel has nothing to hang his head about ... he hustles ... i have always told those around me on a baseball bench or in the stands that i would never bet against a guy coming to the plate after having committed an error in the field ... no doubt here, Jerel will make significant contributions down the stretch

"National Anthem was terrific. It's been a long time coming and hopefully not the last time!" - Dane Pound
the singer sends her thanks for the very kind words ...

"We can do it again, getting the #2 seed is crucial though. Must take care of business the rest of the way. Beat Bingo and then BU. We have a tie breaker over UVM." - bosiydid
key for the AE tournament seedings is to avoid bing at bing ... if UA is going to have to get through UMBC, see them in Vestal in a semi-final, rather than at their place in the final ... set it up for another UA-Vermont championship game back at SEFCU a la 05-06 ... too tired right now to figure out what is possible ...

"I don't think Jerel deserves to be raked over the coals. He did play stingy D, his miss didn't lose the game but overall I think he did more good then bad. It was just such a bunny! Damn....poor kid must feel terrible." - bosiydid

Jerel has nothing to hang his head about ... he hustles ... i have always told those around me on a baseball bench or in the stands that i would never bet against a guy coming to the plate after having committed an error in the field ... no doubt here, Jerel will make significant contributions down the stretch

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that you 92 taking some shots during one of the TO's. Solid layup and good form on the free throw, but you've got to knock that down.

Archived