UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton/UA Game Thread

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More from Mark,

VESTAL Jon Iati scored 18 points and Brian Lillis added 17 Wednesday night to lead the University at Albany men's basketball team to a 74-62 victory over Binghamton in front of 4,711 fans at the Events Center.

The teams had to be separated during the postgame handshake line when Binghamton coach Kevin Broadus pointed at UAlbany coach Will Brown and then shoved Great Danes assistant Chad O'Donnell.

Broadus stayed on the court to talk to America East commissioner Patrick Nero.

Earlier in the week, Broadus called Brown ``unprofessional'' and ``classless'' for comments Brown made about Binghamton after the first meeting.

The Great Danes (14-14 overall, 9-6 league) took sole possession of third place in the conference.

UAlbany shot 56 percent from the field to avenge a 71-57 home loss to Binghamton on Jan. 12.

UAlbany improved to 2-6 on the road against Binghamton as a Division I program.

Iati, a senior guard, hit back-to-back 3-pointers in a 10-0 run to end the half that gave the Great Danes a 31-18 lead at intermission.

Lillis, also a senior guard, scored on a conventional three-point play to trigger a 9-0 run that increased UAlbany's lead to 53-38 with 10:17 to play.

Binghamton's final threat ended when UAlbany ran off 13 unanswered points, beginning with a Iati 3-pointer as the shot clock expired, to go ahead 66-46.

Mike Gordon led the Bearcats (13-15, 8-7) with 11 points but shot 3 of 13 from the field.

All the talk about coach Brown being classless is great to read now. KB couldn't be more classless if he tried. I hope UVM and BUNY fans choke on Broadusus actions tonight.

[/quote

Broadus and Lonergan

What about them? I know I've probably misspelled their names if thats what you are getting at.

If Nero lets him get away with this I am going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed!

I agree!...He suspended coach Brown....at least a one game suspension is warranted....AT LEAST! If there is proof that he started with the shoving.

Suspend Broadus for the AE tournament

COACHES FIGHTING!!! OOO BOY!

Oooohhh.....Keep us non-video or audio watchers updated!

Head over to the AE Forum for my blow by blow. Turley got involved after one our coaches was pushed.

Kevin Broadus is a piece of $iena. He brings in piece of $iena kids...four of them...and is bringing the same bull$iena he brought with him from G-Town and GW.

That took away from a tough fought battle.

Broadus, now famous for his bush league moves

Archived