UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. BUMA

Hard fought game, great game by BU. It's tough to beat a team 3 times in a season today we were on the other end of the equation.......UVM against us last season went the other way. Great season....I'm proud of our boys although disappointed that the season is over.

Hard fought game, great game by BU. It's tough to beat a team 3 times in a season today we were on the other end of the equation.......UVM against us last season went the other way. Great season....I'm proud of our boys although disappointed that the season is over.

bosiydid,

Good way of looking at tonight's result. I feel for Lillis, Iati, and Brent. I would have liked to see them win one more tournament game.

bosiydid,

Good way of looking at tonight's result. I feel for Lillis, Iati, and Brent. I would have liked to see them win one more tournament game.

Listen, we all would like to keep playing but we left it all out there tonight, something we struggled with during the early and middle part of the season. Tonight we battled, just came up short.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm proud of our team.

Just got in and checked the box plus the Big Purple commentary...you guys seem to have nailed it across the board...tough to win 3 straight from the same squad, particularly when we're young, inexperienced at this level, lacking in overall maturity and need a more consistent job done by our big men, especially on "O"...couldn't expect Brian to bail us out at this juncture after carrying us all season...Jon Iati's a gamer, but can only bomb away so much and, unfortunately, Brent kind disappeared into the woodwork a lot this year (was he hurting or was he just exposed as being a largely one dimensional guy on offense...there were times it was painful to watch him struggle with the ball this year)...that said, all 3 of these seniors are quality, hard-working Great Danes for life...hats off to them and congrats as they move on to bigger things in life. And here's to the young fellas maturing and our incoming frosh class...earlier than we want, but it's time to move our clocks forward, get some sleep, enjoy March Madness and let our fellas re-tool for '08-'09. ;)

You could really see we missed a Jamar or Jason Siggers towards the end. A guy who can just take the ball to the hoop strongly, and finish. Just an absloute stud type of player who is going to capitalize every time he goes to the hole. You don't get that feeling out of Lillis. He's a great player, but offensively, not Jamar. That's really what this team lacked, otherwise I thought we were very talented. Just some disappointing bounces and stuff. We had our moments the past two seasons. Next year will be ours to get back on top.

"The Terriers out-rebounded Albany, 37-31, and shot 45% from the floor while limiting UA to just 32 percent in the hard fought contest. For the game, Boston U. made 57 percent from the line (17-for-30) while Albany was 28-for-39 (72 percent). Strong went 4-for-5 from behind the arc as Boston University made 41 percent of its three-point attempts. "

http://www.americaeast.com/ViewArticle.dbm...DB_OEM_ID=14000

Great effort by both teams; very proud of our team and their effort. Great game by Boston Univ. as well. Good luck to them rest of the Tournament.

I have to say I'm very disappointed in the outcome of last nights game. I woke up this morning and still was a little depressed. I'm very proud of the team and the way they played yesterday but it was a lot like what we've seen the whole season. Up and down, up and down, up and down. BU did a great job of defending in the second half with a ton of energy and I thought that really hurt us.

Well, lets hope that Will Brown can turn this thing back around and make this team a contender again next year. It will be a very young team with 6-7 freshman and soph combined.

GO DANES!

The difference between the sixth and seventh seed was huge. As I see the regular season this this year - UMBC was clearly on top - next came Hartford, Albany, Vermont, Binghamton, BU all 5 just a step behind the top - then UNH stood alone on the third tier - finally Stony Brook and Maine - bottom tier. It will be interesting to see where we end up next year.

I watched bits and pieces of the streaming video, a couple of observations:

1. There were a couple of times when Ambrose wasn't able to get to the perimeter to defend the 3 when UA was in a triangle and 2. He needs to improve his D for next year.

2. Connelly missed 2 free throws - the score was either tied or UA was down 2. That was critical - I think it was very late in the game or in OT.

Lastly, I think that Raffa might have a huge impact next year. From what's been posted, he seems to be able to create off the dribble and get to the basket. That was clearly missing yesterday. Lillis tried a few times and struggled converting.

I watched bits and pieces of the streaming video, a couple of observations:

1. There were a couple of times when Ambrose wasn't able to get to the perimeter to defend the 3 when UA was in a triangle and 2. He needs to improve his D for next year.

2. Connelly missed 2 free throws - the score was either tied or UA was down 2. That was critical - I think it was very late in the game or in OT.

Lastly, I think that Raffa might have a huge impact next year. From what's been posted, he seems to be able to create off the dribble and get to the basket. That was clearly missing yesterday. Lillis tried a few times and struggled converting.

reeder,

From what we've heard, he looks like someone who is willing and able to put in the time and learn. Him meeting and watching film with the coaches is an important indicator of his willingness to learn. I know he had some breakdowns yesterday but we would be remiss in not mentioning the noticeable strides he took from where he was in the beginning of the season and where he wound up in the end.

You are right, at the time of the missed FT's we were down by 2.

I can't wait to see the incoming recruiting class. I'm not sure who I'm more excited to see.

Archived