UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where are they now?

Finnish National Team scoring machine Jamar Wilson joins the Sole Squad.

Jamar is all that and some extra butter

Faster than lightning and with a sick shoe-game to his allaround awesomeness, Jamar is the ninth member on our Sole Squad.

Read more about Jaydubbs here and follow him on Instagram here.

Welcome Jammu, we are proud to have you on our team!

http://solestory.se/2015/11/sole-squad-adds-jamar/

http://solestory.se/sole_squad_members/jamar-wilson/

• Like 1

Patch reports on the AE board

G. Suero (ex UA) just got signed to play in Spain in their 2nd level LEB Gold ( a very high level- Coppenrath spent most of his career in that league).

He'll play for Breogan which is presently 4-2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ribeira Sacra CB Breogan Lugo (LEB Gold) strengthened their roster with addition of 26-year old Dominican guard Gerardo Suero (193-89, college: Albany, agency: Basket Management Solutions). He played last summer at Leones de Santo Domingo in LNB league in Dominican Republic. In 19 games he recorded very impressive stats: 22.8ppg, 4.3rpg, 2.2apg and 1.1spg. Great season indeed as he was voted to Latinbasket.com All-Dominican Rep. LNB 3rd Team.
The list of the past achievements is quite long as among others Suero won Dominican Rep. LNB South Division championship title for two years in a row (2013 and 2014). He received also Latinbasket.com All-Dominican Rep. LNB Player of the Year award and Latinbasket.com All-Dominican Rep. LNB Domestic player of the Year award in 2014. Suero represented Dominican Republic at the FIBA Americas in Mexico this year. His team got to the Semifinals and his stats at that event were 3 games: 7.3ppg, 2.7rpg, FGP: 50.0%, 3PT: 50.0%, FT: 63.6%.
Suero is quite experienced player. He has played also professionally in Colombia (Academia), Puerto Rico (Maratonistas), Venezuela (Guaiqueries) and Dominican Republic (Huracanes del Atlantico, Enriquillo, Titanes Licey and Bameso).
Suero attended University at Albany until 2012 and it will be his fourth season as a professional player.

By Eurobasket Data Center

Anyone have an idea of what Jamar's new team is like? I've seen it described online as a European "powerhouse"..but am pretty confident that the Serbian League is nowhere near the likes of top leagues in Italy and Spain..for example. Serbia does produce a decent amount of NBA-talent though.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Serbia/news/427254/Partizan-signs-Jamar-Wilson

Here's the announcement of Jamar's signing!

Also appears Jamar was injured and rehabbed in Finland......

• jaydubbs5Back on the chase again. Thank you Honka for opening up your facilities to me and allowing me to rehab and recover as quick as possible. Thanks to the Lepy club for giving me a chance to work with the kids of our future and teach me how important this gift I have can affect others through just spending time with them. Thanks to Tuomas Iisalo for taking his time out putting a program together and helping me to stay in shape during this time. It explains why your such a good developer and why Finland is lucky to have your passion and drive. Now off to a great club with a legendary history. Thankful to be able to continue to do what I love. "Do what you love, love what you do!" #kkpartizan #susipoika #susijengi #honka #lepy1931

For the question about Partizan. Yes, they are a big-time European Power. This is less about the Serbian League, which is nowhere near as strong as when it was the Yugoslavian league, but is more about the fact that Partizan plays in the Euro League in most years. They also play in the Adriatic League (Cup), which features teams from the former Yugoslavia Republic plus Hungary and Bulgaria.

They had some financial issues about 3 years ago...but have rebounded (pun intended).

If I remember correctly, they play in a decent sized arena...and have insane fans. Between their ultra's and Red Star Belgrade's ultra's...you may have the craziest fans in all of European basketball.

This is an amazing life experience for Jamar, and hoops experience.

Edited by Dane96

How do we get this passion at SEFCU? LOL

Came here to say the same thing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think that blows away every NBA/NCAA arena in this country. I've never seen fans like that at ANY game on TV or otherwise in the US of A. Wow.

However, if someone brings a massive flag like that to SEFCU I will break the pole in half hahah. I'd be pissed as a fan if there was a dude in front of me with a giant black and white flag lol.

• 4 weeks later...