UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #20: 1/15/18 - 7:00pm - @ Binghamton

Eli

Speaking of the Maine game, I'm not sure why Stire, Campbell and Cremo all played over 30 minutes in that game with the Bing game right around the corner. There is something weird going on with the bench.

Not sure if this is why but remember Foster got hurt.

True. That explains Stire's minutes maybe but not Campbell and Cremo.

We obviously aren't privy to practices...I wanna say I trust Brown but this disparity in starters vs bench minutes is hard to understand/swallow.

Either way, he needs to start lighting some fires. Start Charles, Stire and Cremo, sit Campbell and Nichols. Slide Cremo over and go small.

C: Stire

PF: Charles
SF: Cremo

SG: Clark

PG: Anderson

Edited by Eli

Cochran played 3 minutes in the Maine blowout. If we didn't see more of him in that game, it's hard to imagine seeing more of him now.

Speaking of the Maine game, I'm not sure why Stire, Campbell and Cremo all played over 30 minutes in that game with the Bing game right around the corner. There is something weird going on with the bench.

As a group, this team should ask itself how Greig Stire played 35 minutes against Maine on Saturday and then did everything short of lighting himself on fire tonight to help win this basketball game without much help from anyone else.

Which is why I have such a new found reapect for Piekell and Becker winning all those regular season championships. It truly does take a lot of not only coaching, but managing the team through the grind.

I have wondered sometimes if it isn't philosophical.

Pikiell and Becker tend to play a larger rotation of players which stands up to the rigors of the regular season better. Sometimes, in the pressure of the postseason, their offenses get shutdown and someone needs to make a play and because they play so many players, their system sometimes comes apart.

CB seems to play a (ahem) tighter rotation and sometimes rides guys into the ground so they drop some regular season games they probably shouldn't and keeps them out of the regular season hunt. It does, establish a sense of ownership among your starters and there's no question over who is going to take big shots. They win tournament games when it looks like they shouldn't because the alpha dogs have put in their miles.

Just a thought.

Edited by Dane Pound

Cochran played 3 minutes in the Maine blowout. If we didn't see more of him in that game, it's hard to imagine seeing more of him now.

As a group, this team should ask itself how Greig Stire played 35 minutes against Maine on Saturday and then did everything short of lighting himself on fire tonight to help win this basketball game without much help from anyone else.

Which is why I have such a new found reapect for Piekell and Becker winning all those regular season championships. It truly does take a lot of not only coaching, but managing the team through the grind.

Pikiell and Becker tend to play a larger rotation of players which stands up to the rigors of the regular season better. Sometimes, in the pressure of the postseason, their offenses get shutdown and someone needs to make a play and because they play so many players, their system sometimes comes apart.

CB seems to play a (ahem) tighter rotation and sometimes rides guys into the ground so they drop some regular season games they probably shouldn't and keeps them out of the regular season hunt. It does, establish a sense of ownership among your starters and there's no question over who is going to take big shots. They win tournament games when it looks like they shouldn't because the alpha dogs have put in their miles.

Just a thought.

Agreed. At this point its got me thinking what the better philosophy is.

Just a thought.

The one that a few years ago went back to back to back.

• Like 1

Just a thought.

The one that a few years ago went back to back to back.
Yes, but does that happen if we are playing the semis at SBU or Vermont?

Lineup for Thursday:

PG: Healy / Clark

SG: Anderson / Cremo

SF: Cochran / Campbell

PF: Foster / Charles / Conway

C: Hank / Stire

Give Nichols a week off to rest the wrist. If we are going to beat UVM, we need him but he needs a chance to get healthy.

Edit: over reacting fan post. I don't think WB should or would burn the red shirts. Just venting. I do want to make sure David is healthy though.

Edited by godanesgo99