- - - - -

Giving Tusday

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

Was yesterday...interesting. Record amount raised it appears. That's pretty awesome. 

http://www.alumni.al...gid=2&pgid=1000

#2 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

Nice. Some of it can be used to replace what coach broke in the basketball locker room after tonights game! 

• Eli likes this

#3 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

Nice. Some of it can be used to replace what coach broke in the basketball locker room after tonights game! 

HA! GOT EM!

Good job for those who donated.

GO DANES!!!

#4 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Reminder, today is Giving Tuesday...I just gave split between General Athletics and Danial Barnes Memorial Fund. 

Link here... https://www.alumni.albany.edu/s/1642/giving/index.aspx?sid=1642&gid=2&pgid=1000 

Whatever you can do, small or big, partial plans are available etc. 

We all love UA sports and the school overall...it takes some bucks to make UAlbany GREAT!

#5 Michigan_Dane

Michigan_Dane

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

Id prefer to give to a stadium fund. I wish that was an option
Formerly ATL_Dane

#6 alum73

alum73

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

Id prefer to give to a stadium fund. I wish that was an option

You can give to whatever you want.  Just let Casey or Justin  now where you want to money to go.  I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

#7 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,940 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

Message from Benson re tax deductibility of gifts to GDAC and the tax reform bill

http://www.albany.ed...gdac-2017.shtml

#8 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Message from Benson re tax deductibility of gifts to GDAC and the tax reform bill
http://www.albany.ed...gdac-2017.shtml

Yeah, I got that too. But unless you can itemize deductions it’s nothing

#9 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

In terms of real cash pennies, how much does the charitable deduction of a seat actually help on

the IRS bill?

Edited by uofalbany, 18 December 2017 - 03:23 PM.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

#10 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

#11 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

And not even a bag of peanuts!? Pshh...lammmeeeee.

GO DANES!!!

#12 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

$200 in giving for 4 basketball seats, times 0.8 = $160 tax deduction.

What that means to you will be determined by your tax bracket. If you are in a 30% bracket, that means you save $48 on your federal tax liability with the current system.

I'd you don't have enough deductions to itemize instead of using the standard deduction, then the change probably won't effect you at all.

I'm not an expert on the new system, but as I understand it many of the deductions many of us use will go away, but the brackets are wider with lower percentages. Most people will have a lower tax burden, but the higher income earners will see a higher savings in pure dollars. The percentages of savings is a difference story.

I don't want to get political on this site, but here is an amusing video to watch that explains that point on how the tax plan will be spun in terms most sports fans understand. BEER!

https://youtu.be/BomQxCG5VG4

Video is old and has nothing to do with the Trump tax plan.

Edited by godanesgo99, 19 December 2017 - 05:58 PM.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#13 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

$200 in giving for 4 basketball seats, times 0.8 = $160 tax deduction.

What that means to you will be determined by your tax bracket. If you are in a 30% bracket, that means you save $48 on your federal tax liability with the current system.

I'd you don't have enough deductions to itemize instead of using the standard deduction, then the change probably won't effect you at all.

I'm not an expert on the new system, but as I understand it many of the deductions many of us use will go away, but the brackets are wider with lower percentages. Most people will have a lower tax burden, but the higher income earners will see a higher savings in pure dollars. The percentages of savings is a difference story.

I don't want to get political on this site, but here is an amusing video to watch that explains that point on how the tax plan will be spun in terms most sports fans understand. BEER!

https://youtu.be/BomQxCG5VG4

Video is old and has nothing to do with the Trump tax plan.

Are those two drinking for free with the S on the shirt from $iena?

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users