UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany in Bracketology

I feel the saame way. We haven't even locked up the regular season title yet. I'll care about bracketology if and when we're in the tournament. Way too many eggs to hatch before the chicken counting begins.

I said it earlier in a post. Everyone knows the team has a lot of work to do, but bracketology is just something fun to look at. And with the espn article, it's nice to be recognized for playing well.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the saame way. We haven't even locked up the regular season title yet. I'll care about bracketology if and when we're in the tournament. Way too many eggs to hatch before the chicken counting begins.

I said it earlier in a post. Everyone knows the team has a lot of work to do, but bracketology is just something fun to look at. And with the espn article, it's nice to be recognized for playing well.

I see everyones arguement. dont want to get hopes up until we can definitly say we are in the big dance.

The way I see it is that we get to see Albany get some more national exposure. Makes me think that the uni decision made by WB was a ploy to get more natrional attention.

The undefeated conference record helped get some exposure. Also, with the article on espn about teams that can make noise in tourney, I think that is great that we made that list.

Yahoo Sport reporter Pat Forde mentioned us in a tweet when we lost to SB like we were in a David and Goliath type game

All you guys would kill to have albany in the spotlight. Basketball, Football and lacrosse. Well Lacrosse is already nationally known with help from the Thompson crew.

At the end of the day, IMO, i think seeing UA in the bracketology is cool.

I see everyones arguement. dont want to get hopes up until we can definitly say we are in the big dance.

The way I see it is that we get to see Albany get some more national exposure. Makes me think that the uni decision made by WB was a ploy to get more natrional attention.

The undefeated conference record helped get some exposure. Also, with the article on espn about teams that can make noise in tourney, I think that is great that we made that list.

Yahoo Sport reporter Pat Forde mentioned us in a tweet when we lost to SB like we were in a David and Goliath type game

All you guys would kill to have albany in the spotlight. Basketball, Football and lacrosse. Well Lacrosse is already nationally known with help from the Thompson crew.

At the end of the day, IMO, i think seeing UA in the bracketology is cool.

I'll think seeing UA in the bracketology after winning the AE championship is really cool.

Let's not forget Mr. MLL himself, Queener... Merrick Thomson who was on his way to being a MLL superstar, and Resetarits. They have played a significant role in UA's exposure.

11:30AM? That'll be different...don't know if I've ever been a UA game at that time (assuming we make it).

That's what time it has been for years. At least as far back as our '06 title.

I stand corrected. I don't remember much from my early years as a fan (other than Jamar and Zoellner - for some reason) and the last couple titles were both on the road.

Mid-majors ready to make some noise

Which teams off the radar could play their way onto the national stage in March?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/fourcorners150223/the-mid-majors-cause-trouble-ncaa-tournament?src=mobile&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F%22%7D

UA is mentioned in the article:

True Cinderellas that could make madness happen

These teams may be seeded 13 through 15, but don't let the number fool you.

399.gif

Albany (19-8, 13-1 America East
What's to like: With a wildly improved record, the Great Danes might merit more than the 16-seed they were relegated to last year. Regardless, that exposure last season -- not to mention the win against Mount St. Mary's in the First Four -- could pay confidence dividends for a team that returns four players from that NCAA squad. Albany has won 17 of its past 19, relying on a stingy defense that limits opponents to just 60 points per game.

This playoff system SUCKS. I can't go to any game. Totally ridiculous schedule for out of town fans. I'm disgusted and angry after all the money I've spent over the years at the tourney between tickets and hotels and gear and beers and food. A total slap in the face to the fans.

You can thank sbu for this format. That bunch of losers blew it every way possible... Maybe this will help.