UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Senior Day, UVM at 2:00 pm

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will had set a goal of going the whole year without a technical, but apparently said something like "Do you guys even know what you're doing?"

Also he and Becker were talking to each other, both saying there'd be a touch foul on one end and a no-call hammer on the other.

Great game and fun to watch. Both coaches got T's. Anyone remember the last time Brown got a T? I have not seen the box yet, but both teams went to the line a lot. In my opinion, the officials called every tic and tac on UA, but vt had to mall someone (which they did a lot) before a foul would be called.

19 fouls on Albany, 27-34. 24 fouls on UVM, 14-25. But we got out-rebounded 36-24

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=82001

I felt like Brown's T was done to also light a fire, and it definitely worked. On the flip side, when UVM was losing momentum, didn't understand why their coach opted to get T'ed

The UVM coach also got a bad one in Binghamton. I forget specifics but a close game around 3 minutes left as I recall.

Don't know if I have ever seen a worse reffed game. I know it is SOP for refs to run off the court, but I think they had extra motivation today. They probably would have been attacked if they were anywhere near the floor for 30 seconds longer.

Great win. I haven't looked at the stats since leaving SEFCU, but it felt like UVM shot like 20% from the line. That was the difference IMO.

I agree. Worst officiating that I've seen yet this year. No wonder both coaches got Ts. Bad calls for each team. Vermont killed us on the boards and especially the offensive glass. Mauled us. The double team off the screen was really bothering us. We gotta get better at taking advantage of double teams. In fairness our double teaming of Vermont in the second half caused them to turnover the ball too. They are very quick, hustle, and jump really well. I'd be curious to see what kind of jump training or lower body strength work they are doing. Going to be real tough to beat them again.

Vermont had 18 offensive rebounds for the game. 18. How did that even happen?

Lots of over the backs, that's how it happened. The reffing was ATROCIOUS. There was one play, Click will confirm, where a VT guy literally JUMPED OVER our guy to get a board. I mean, COME ON. I'm still mad about the reffing.

It's a good thing those ignoramuses don't have numbers or I'd probably get thrown out of the arena. The one ref named Robert Adams, today, one of the worst...followed by that old short guy with REALLY white hair who occasionally does games here. Gotta be my pick for top 2...whenever I see them, I have the same reaction as when I see Joey Crawford doing an NBA game:

09108251.jpg

Edited by Ilko

...followed by that old short guy with REALLY white hair who occasionally does games here.

John Hughes.

Also legendary in Burlington for a call that cost UVM a win against George Mason. (Called a foul away from the ball that was going out of bounds with 0.2 seconds left. GMU made two foul shots for a 1-point win)

Also Siena forum had a thread titled "Hughes is killing us"

Family had a great time at the game! Randomly ran into a member of the board chatting on the will call line. Nice to meet another fanatic B9! My daughter has two Damian heads tattooed on her face and was loving it! My son screamed at every UVM foul shot and when they missed, which they did a lot, he said, "That was all me Dad!"

Great time! Great game and glad they won. Sam was awesome!

And look who's back! Hooley with 32 pts last two games! Love it.