UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Maine 3/4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his moves are better than most big man moves...not quite Sam but he had some nice spins today. That being said, he's a heady kid and also hustles (had some nice plays tonight). He might not end up being option 1 or 2 his senior year, but he's a glue guy.

Any update on Richard Peters?

I was wondering about Peters also. We're going to need him as we go on.

So, are we telling everyone that if they're going to throw a pass to Mike Rowley is has to be thrown at 100 mph? It's the second game in a row where he's had a bunch of fastballs thrown at him. Speaking of Mike, I know a lot of people are down on him because he's not the scorer we thought he'd be but he's a good rebounder and our go-to post defender. He's kind of taken that Luke Devlin role of all the underappriciated things.

Comparing him to Sam, which is somewhat unfair but I'm doing it anyway, his numbers in his sophomore year are low. Sam as a soph averaged 25 mins per game, 9pts and 6 boards. Mike averages 23 mins per game, 4 pts and 4 boards. Hopefully his game will develop next year because we will need a low post threat and the rebounds that Sam gets.

I just think we don't draw well on Wednesday nights. Our lowest attendance totals this year have been on Wed nights with the exception of a Saturday game vs. Maine. Families with small kids can't really come and probably don't get people who may come on the weekend from surrounding areas within 45-60 mins away, I'm sure there are some. And then of course my favorite, the further out of town folks who come up for weekend games like I did with my family last weekend.

Attendance for conference games going backwards:

Saturday game vs UVM: 4212

Friday night vs Hartforod: 4123

Tuesday night vs SBU: 3886

Saturday vs UML: 4468

Wed vs UNH: 2712

Sunday vs UMBC: 3772

Wed vs Bing: 2617

Sat vs Maine: 2459

Other games on Wed:

NJIT: 2583

Holy Cross: 2667

Certainly a part of it, but its a one and done environment. Every game should be sold out. With that many students on campus, no reason to not be able to get fans in attendance.

Are midterms this week or starting soon?

Midterms are next week, technically. I have some papers due as midterms, not actual exams, but 8 Week 2 session classes start the 11th so this is basically the mid-point of the semester.

Any update on Richard Peters?

I was wondering about Peters also. We're going to need him as we go on.

So, are we telling everyone that if they're going to throw a pass to Mike Rowley is has to be thrown at 100 mph? It's the second game in a row where he's had a bunch of fastballs thrown at him. Speaking of Mike, I know a lot of people are down on him because he's not the scorer we thought he'd be but he's a good rebounder and our go-to post defender. He's kind of taken that Luke Devlin role of all the underappriciated things.

Comparing him to Sam, which is somewhat unfair but I'm doing it anyway, his numbers in his sophomore year are low. Sam as a soph averaged 25 mins per game, 9pts and 6 boards. Mike averages 23 mins per game, 4 pts and 4 boards. Hopefully his game will develop next year because we will need a low post threat and the rebounds that Sam gets.

It's tough to compare anyone to Sam really.

Mike doesn't really get many plays run for him to score either. At least compared to Sam, which is fine. We have six guys who can put up double figures on any night. The thing I like about Mike and Stire is that they've accepted their roles for this year - rebounding, chasing losing balls and setting screens. I think both can do more and hopefully have a chance to do so in the next couple of years. That fact that Stire is contributing to a 20+ win team is a great sign. Same thing for Wheeler Baker really. In a year or two people are going to wonder how Wheeler Baker didn't make the all-rookie team.

One thing I continued to see last night and don't really like, our guys seem to be complaining to the refs much more than they did all year. I admit sometimes it's warranted, especially since teams have tried to be really physical with us but I really don't like the message it sends. For most of the season our players have gone about their business and ignored the terrible calls that are part of college basketball. Lately that seems to have changed and it's not for the better. It's really the coaches job to tell the officials how bad they are.