UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 6 - @ Richmond - 10/7 - 3PM

I was wondering if the targeting was called by the same ref as the non-call of interference, but Gattuso said the three stripes near the play said nothing while the flag was thrown from 50 yards away, he'll look at the tape.

Re homer announcers, I've heard worse, even at the MLB level, and I'm not even talking about John Sterling. Heard the White Sox announcer say once "There've been two strike zones tonight, a tight one for them and a wide one for us"

Brunson was 18 of 29. If he was just throwing it up and letting receivers get it, it's because the defender always had his back to the ball.

It's a loss but there was a lot more diversity to the offense today - jet sweeps, toss sweeps, two backs in the backfield. Sussman passing, Brunson rolling out... That said, the offensive line is just bad. They were bad last week and bad today. Clancy came in to replace Dudzinski but I'd like to think that next year, we'll see Solt, Verdi and the injured Desir starting.

I do think Brunson can do the job at QB - I'd just like to see him have more quick passes and work on eluding the rush.

On defense, we gave up too many up big plays. Kareem Brown almost had the interception that turned into a touchdown, Josh Wynn couldn't make the tackle against Lauletta and he scores just before halftime, the third down pass on the game tying drive in the 4th quarter...

Anyway, bye week coming up then need to win 5 in a row to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

I admire your optimism Sir! Especially after two heartbreaking weeks in a row.

One small thing to cheer me up today - Stony Brook lost to Delaware. Hey, I'll take what I can get!

I admire your optimism Sir! Especially after two heartbreaking weeks in a row.

One small thing to cheer me up today - Stony Brook lost to Delaware. Hey, I'll take what I can get!

I agree with Reeder. We are quite capable of beating the last 5 teams on our schedule. Clean up a couple of things and start playing offense & defense on the same day. Elon and Richmond were absolutely winnable games and you could argue SHOULD HAVE been wins. Not saying we will; but start playing like we are capable of and we SHOULD win our last five.

Instead of bashing Brunson who had a great game (granted the receivers made him look good, but that is their job) even with an O-line that offered little protection and NO run game; seems no one is commenting on the secondary which gave up a 64 yard td pass, and a 43 yd pass that led to a score. Take a look @ the box score: Richmond-Dejon Brissett 7-60; Tyler Wilkins 6-97; Cortrelle Simpson 3-78; Garrett Hudson 3-31; Gordon Collins 2-56; Stephon Jacob 2-12; Caleb Drake 1-19. Simpson averaged 26 per catch, Collins 28. Overall almost 15 yrs per catch.

Instead of bashing Brunson who had a great game (granted the receivers made him look good, but that is their job) even with an O-line that offered little protection and NO run game; seems no one is commenting on the secondary which gave up a 64 yard td pass, and a 43 yd pass that led to a score. Take a look @ the box score: Richmond-Dejon Brissett 7-60; Tyler Wilkins 6-97; Cortrelle Simpson 3-78; Garrett Hudson 3-31; Gordon Collins 2-56; Stephon Jacob 2-12; Caleb Drake 1-19. Simpson averaged 26 per catch, Collins 28. Overall almost 15 yrs per catch.

I did. Said they got scorched. I also realize that Lauletta is probably the best QB we face this year. Still, he could have made a ham sandwich back there for all the good our pass rush was. If you only look at the UA side of the box score you figure we ought to have won the game. Total offense outgained UR and they still lost. This is on the D as I’ve already said.

Our D got a little pressure on him but missed like 5 opportunities for sacks. You can't do that and let him make plays, and still expect to win.

I thought Brunson did a fine job, even if some throws were a bit high. Someone said he was off all game...I disagree with that. He made a few mistakes, which is expected considering he still technically hasn't played a full year of CAA football (this is what, his 8th game?). Dude is definitely growing and making strides. Diggs bailed him out a few times, but that's fine...this is a team sport. The other half of the team (defense) failed him and let up a TON of big plays and gave up a ton of points.

So he is ejected for 1st half of next game too right?

School needs to appeal if possible and call for ref to be fired. BS.

Do we have confirmation in this? Will Hatalsky have to miss the 1st half against Maine?

Our D got a little pressure on him but missed like 5 opportunities for sacks. You can't do that and let him make plays, and still expect to win.

I thought Brunson did a fine job, even if some throws were a bit high. Someone said he was off all game...I disagree with that. He made a few mistakes, which is expected considering he still technically hasn't played a full year of CAA football (this is what, his 8th game?). Dude is definitely growing and making strides. Diggs bailed him out a few times, but that's fine...this is a team sport. The other half of the team (defense) failed him and let up a TON of big plays and gave up a ton of points.

Newspaper articles quoted at least one player who said those deep jump balls were planned. They had no defense for it. I do take issue with UA playing it safe all of a sudden when UR kicked the FG to pull within 7. That was some lousy play calling. Why not take another deep ball shot?

• Like 2