UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where the ball was as the horn sounded, before dropping over the goalie's hands. UNH was upset that it took ten seconds to get the ball over to the corner after the previous shot.

soccer_final.png

Yep.

Everyone was up for UNH including the goalie. Clearly after zero on the clock. Don't know if the refs could have stopped the clock as the Unh player took a while to get to the corner flag to take the corner. It would have been unusual but refs have been known to stop the clock if the team in the lead was time wasting

Edited by bob87

I'm a newbie when it comes to soccer, but was told (by a solid authority) that on corner kicks the offense is allowed to basically be right in the goalie's grill. I'm not sure, but I think once the ball is in the air it's a free-for-all and all players have a right to the ball. Could be wrong. We had a clear view of the play and it was clear the clock was at 0:00 when the ball went in, even at full speed....close, but not THAT close. UNH was frantically scrambling in the last minute or two as would be expected. They had a corner kick from the other side just before the final one and the players were repositioning and the clock was winding down.

After some quick reading, offensive players are apparently allowed to screen or even sandwich the goalie, but they cannot intentionally impede. So they can't do like a pick play. Once the ball is in the air they have to play the ball and not block the goalie from getting the ball or it's a foul. I'll try to get some clarification from my soccer peeps.

Edited by jimbo

Coach C very pleased with the performance, despite the loss. UConn had only given up 2+ goals three times this year, to Tulsa, Florida State and Rutgers. UConn is a very tough team with the top scorer in D1 and another

player close behind. Big, fast and talented.

• 1 month later...