UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The Most Beautiful Public College Campuses in America

DanesRGood

Oh man.....early 70s, dead of winter....it was like a mausoleum. It's a stretch.

I think the Lecture Center updates is what is putting it on the map now. It's beautiful there. If you or anyone else hasn't been there in the middle of summer (or even fall) to sit by the fountain in the evening...it's perfect. My fiance and I go there quite a bit to just sit and relax.

Oh man.....early 70s, dead of winter....it was like a mausoleum. It's a stretch.

I think the Lecture Center updates is what is putting it on the map now. It's beautiful there. If you or anyone else hasn't been there in the middle of summer (or even fall) to sit by the fountain in the evening...it's perfect. My fiance and I go there quite a bit to just sit and relax.

I've not been there since the Jones investiture celebration so I'll have to check it out. I do admit that with the more mature landscaping and the modern buildings on the Circle side it's taken on a bit of a softer look. I was never in love with the ED Stone design.

Can certainly tell that the private schools were left out....

some of them aren't so beautiful. Although, some are pretty cool.

Anyone make it out to that Montana football game years ago, and see the campus?

That place looks pretty cool.

Edited by uofalbany

Story was posted on the Times-Union site, and comments are about as expected

http://www.timesunion.com/living/article/UAlbany-named-one-of-the-most-beautiful-college-9376123.php

joesmith

Compared to what...Attica.

peeps

what? wait, its not april first

APSC21

That's hysterical! Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

WhoDoneIt

I want whatever they were drinking or smoking... lol

JuniorBootery

An absurd contention; as an Alumnus, I know the plans for that place were designed for a Southern Climate, not the Northeast.

Apparently NYS got a 'deal' on this layout. When the winter wind whips through that campus, it is brutal, and cruel. It was never

intended for this Climate. And those stacked, cheap boxes have no 'eye appeal', whatsoever, except for a Fascist. Ugly as Hell.

hmmmm Rank 304

Wow, way to accept a compliment

rocketscientist

Worked there for years all the warmth and charm of a concrete burial crypt. Grey and more grey.

The main advantage back in the day wasn't the look, but rather the function. Having a common roof for all academic buildings was a plus in inclement weather. And when the temps plunged we all learned how to negotiate the tunnels. It is somewhat unique. Thankfully they have gone with differing architecture for the newer buildings. The podium and quads do make a nice backdrop to the former University Field and current T&F venue.