UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (1-1) vs. D3 Oneonta 8pm

This may have been covered in a thread I missed, but why are we playing this game?

From what I understood at the meet and greet, it's basically required and Brown is forced.

By who? The AD?

The AE. Brown said most coaches seem to be doing 2-3 and he's forced to at least do one. Or something. Someone correct me if I understood incorrectly.
Interesting that's the complete opposite of the maac who's trying to increase league RPI.

Anyone know who I'd contact for arena suggestions?

The audio/PA is all sorts of messed up. Also, the digital screens on the floor are a complete waste of money. Why are we just running the advertisements? I thought it was supposed to show scores and stats?

My suggestion:

Two outside screens show ads, the very middle screen shows the score and quarter, etc. And the two on either side of the center screen show the stats of each team.

The audio/PA is all sorts of messed up. Also, the digital screens on the floor are a complete waste of money. Why are we just running the advertisements? I thought it was supposed to show scores and stats?

My suggestion:

Two outside screens show ads, the very middle screen shows the score and quarter, etc. And the two on either side of the center screen show the stats of each team.

Spoke with Charlie Voelker and he said the screen isn't fully setup yet cause they just got the connections for it (which is odd cause I remember the same welcome logo being there during the meet and greet two weeks ago).

They better have this type of crap resolved by the 27th or it'll be a huge embarrassment. And the audio...seems like only one channel is playing, something is definitely up with it.

Also one of the squares on the new second screen is not working.

Disappointing to say the least. Still wanna send an email so if anyone knows other than Voelker who the best people to contact would be let me know.

Edited by Eli

This may have been covered in a thread I missed, but why are we playing this game?

From what I understood at the meet and greet, it's basically required and Brown is forced.

By who? The AD?

The AE. Brown said most coaches seem to be doing 2-3 and he's forced to at least do one. Or something. Someone correct me if I understood incorrectly.

It's not required. He was saying they (other coaches) do it so he figured try it.

Plus scheduling home games has been hard (from what I've heard)

• Like 1

By who? The AD?

It's not required. He was saying they (other coaches) do it so he figured try it.

Ahh okay. Thanks for the correction.

My suggestion:

Spoke with Charlie Voelker and he said the screen isn't fully setup yet cause they just got the connections for it (which is odd cause I remember the same welcome logo being there during the meet and greet two weeks ago).

They better have this type of crap resolved by the 27th or it'll be a huge embarrassment. And the audio...seems like only one channel is playing, something is definitely up with it.

Disappointing to say the least. Still wanna send an email so if anyone knows other than Voelker who the best people to contact would be let me know.

The highest people know of those issues and they still don't seem to do anything about. Just look at your email that was suppose to be sent out earlier in the week that wasn't sent out until the game basically started.

• Like 1

My suggestion:

NM

Edited by Dane96

My suggestion:

The highest people know of those issues and they still don't seem to do anything about. Just look at your email that was suppose to be sent out earlier in the week that wasn't sent out until the game basically started.

Lol. Oy vey!

Half the teams in the AE are D1 bottom feeders...seems like there are better role models out there!

Edited by haggyland
  • Like 1

Half the teams in the AE are D1 bottom feeders...seems like there are better role models out there!

I rather not play games vs a lower level but teams like Vermont and stony brook have played the lower level ganes too so it is not just the bottom feeders. I didn't mind missing that game last year to fly to Florida but this year no where to go so I saw oneonta for the first time

Edited by bob87

Since it's not an AE requirement and I misunderstood...why is Brown feeling he needs to do this? Free practice game for the team? It was BRUTAL to watch. We played down to the competition (we resembled the 2nd half Cincy team) and we still beat them by 200. If we played like we did the whole Penn State game, the refs probably would have stopped the game lol.

Edited by Eli

By who? The AD?

Interesting that's the complete opposite of the maac who's trying to increase league RPI.

Games against lower divisions don't count at all for RPI where as a game vs a bottom feeder maac team could lower your RPI even with a win. Not saying I agree with it but just about anything anyone does they justify it by saying it is to help the RPI. It certainly remains to be seen if what the mmac is doing will even help them. they struggle to beat the teams on their schedule now and part of the RPI is your results. They already lose more times than not agianst peer teams and I don't expect them to win any more games by playing stronger teams :)

Since it's not an AE requirement and I misunderstood...why is Brown feeling he needs to do this? Free practice game for the team? It was BRUTAL to watch. We played down to the competition (we resembled the 2nd half Cincy team) and we still beat them by 200. If we played like we did the whole Penn State game, the refs probably would have stopped the game lol.

I think part of it was after 2 tough games it was an opportunity to give the team a breather on a day that was difficult to get an opponent to come in to Albany. With the weekend trip coming up I would guess they didn't not want to travel today. again not ideal but it is what it is.

whether there were other dates to schedule an opponent later in the season I don't know

• Like 1

I think part of it was after 2 tough games it was an opportunity to give the team a breather on a day that was difficult to get an opponent to come in to Albany. With the weekend trip coming up I would guess they didn't not want to travel today. again not ideal but it is what it is.

whether there were other dates to schedule an opponent later in the season I don't know

I think Bob is right. Also I do think they have had trouble getting teams to play us at home. Good problem to have when you're consistently good.

Edited by MRSGDG