UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse 2017-2018 a look ahead

As much as our MLAx team is competitive on a national level, we are in no way comparable to the Utah and USMA situations. Utah is double our size, in the PAC-12 and has an endowment exceeding $1 Billion. The USMA has a great many well to do alumni, including one Bill Foley, a billionaire, who is responsible for major athletic improvements at Army. So what we need is a billionaire graduate.

As much as our MLAx team is competitive on a national level, we are in no way comparable to the Utah and USMA situations. Utah is double our size, in the PAC-12 and has an endowment exceeding $1 Billion. The USMA has a great many well to do alumni, including one Bill Foley, a billionaire, who is responsible for major athletic improvements at Army. So what we need is a billionaire graduate.

For most of us old guys, that ship ha sailed. You young guys, get going! We need the $!

I believe the Thompson's make a good deal of cash on endorsements (Nike) and their own lacrosse business. The amount they make from actually playing the game is just a nice bonus for the exposure they get. I beleive Rob Panell became the second player to ever ink a $1,000,000 in endorsements, I wouldn't be surprised if Lyle was the third. It seems to me like his entourage is living a pretty good life and they are all employed by TB Lax.

During my time at UA, we got very little monetary support from alums (Though the moral support was always amazing). It takes a very wealthy person to be able to put up the serious bucks we are talking about here, and since UA has only been D1 for 18ish years, the OLDEST UA lax alums are only in their late 30's. They are more concerned with saving for their kid's college than building facilities at UA.

But Hey, A guy can dream :)

I believe the Thompson's make a good deal of cash on endorsements (Nike) and their own lacrosse business. The amount they make from actually playing the game is just a nice bonus for the exposure they get. I beleive Rob Panell became the second player to ever ink a $1,000,000 in endorsements, I wouldn't be surprised if Lyle was the third. It seems to me like his entourage is living a pretty good life and they are all employed by TB Lax.

This was exactly what I was getting at when the topic of naming a facility after the Thompsons. They are "Nike Atlhletes" and have their own TBL line. No doubt they were the greatest players here, but without Coach Marr giving them the freedom to do whatever they wanted out there who knows what would have been. Had Lyle and Miles gone to Syracuse who knows what would have happened.