UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Marist 12/7 7:00

Red Foxes are 4-5, losses to Duke, Rhode Island, Vermont, Grand Canyon, and Quinnipiac yesterday. Wins over Brown, Dartmouth, Lowell, and Niagara.

WB on the radio today said they shoot a ton of threes, made them sound like Holy Cross, says they have the best guard in the MAAC (Khalid Hart, 19 ppg)

Last year we won 75-53 in Po-town

Sounds like Cremo is day-to-day

We need to close out on the 3 and guard the guy no matter where he is (whoever is hot for them)...unlike that HC kid that was swishing Steph Curry 3's at the end of the game. Don't care if he missed his first 10, the second he made two in a row from that distance (and swished em too boot), you guard him at half court and deny him the ball. Make someone else kill you with the 3.

Edited by Eli

From rundexball.blogspot https://rundexball.blogspot.com/2016/12/aehoops-roundup-12516.html

Stats View: Albany has turned over the ball on 22.1% of their possessions which ranks 301st in the nation. While they are shooting 33.3% (211) from three, their opponents have shot 34.1% (166) from deep.

When you're just giving up the ball on almost 1/4 of your chances (and that's with only six TOs vs. $iena), you're lucky to be 4-4

Coach's interview on the radio https://youtu.be/GdxeGHYeBMQ

Edited by UAalum72

From rundexball.blogspot https://rundexball.blogspot.com/2016/12/aehoops-roundup-12516.html

Stats View: Albany has turned over the ball on 22.1% of their possessions which ranks 301st in the nation. While they are shooting 33.3% (211) from three, their opponents have shot 34.1% (166) from deep.

When you're just giving up the ball on almost 1/4 of your chances (and that's with only six TOs vs. $iena), you're lucky to be 4-4

Coach's interview on the radio https://youtu.be/GdxeGHYeBMQ

You need guards to take care of the ball...I don't even know what Nichols and Cremo have for A/T ratio. Cremo has himself had huge to games.

Sophomores and JUCO's going through growing pains. Folks remember we were picked 3rd for a reason. Give this group time.

I think most of us saw this coming before the season started. The win @Penn State might have skewed that perception somewhat.

Through the first few games it seemed like the staff was experimenting with Grayson at PG and Nichols off the ball. During the Yale game it seemed like Grayson was playing more off the ball. He's emblematic of the up and down ride. He's looked terrific at times when he's aggressive on the offensive end and then he just seems to disappear.

Sophomores and JUCO's going through growing pains. Folks remember we were picked 3rd for a reason. Give this group time.

Right, some big ups, some disapointing loses but overall when you beat Penn St. and LCC that's two good wins. Young team, 7 new kids...I'm ok with this year continuing to rebuild. Next year with three stellar freshman should be even better. Hopefully this team continues to improve. Defense and turnovers are two areas of focus.

Edited by Clickclack

TU+ story on injuries piling up http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-sports/article/Injuries-deplete-UAlbany-basketball-team-s-bench-10778956.php

Tuesday when 6-foot-6 junior forward Travis Charles was absent from practice. He was out getting an MRI on his right knee. Brown said the fear is that Charles may have a torn meniscus.
Brown is optimistic that he will get 6-7 forward Jaraan Lands (hamstring) and 6-3 senior guard Jamir Andrews (knee) back sooner rather than later. If all goes well with Lands, he could return after UAlbany travels to Dallas to play Southern Methodist on Dec. 20. Andrews is about a month away, Brown said.
The decrease in able-bodied players could be a chance for guard Costa Anderson as well as forwards Devonte Campbell and Terrell Martin-Garcia. "I am not going to make any excuses," Brown said. "For me, this is an opportunity for somebody else. Step up and produce."
When Brown has really had to play small, 6-4 guard Joe Cremo has moved to power forward. "Wherever he wants to play me, I am going to give him my best effort," Cremo said. Cremo is not 100 percent, either. Brown said after the Yale game that Cremo had a groin injury, which may have contributed to his woeful performance.