UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Lacrosse schedule

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we keep playing these prima donna's [like cuse and hopkins] who won't come to Fallon Field??????

We have established a pretty respectable presence in DI athletics and in my opinion [except for money games in BB and FB], should NO LONGER play teams that refuse to come to Albany {and that especially includes that so called gonzonga of the east who plays in an Albany community paid for arena AND equally annoying is playing hopkins who is not even DI except for lacrosse}

Why do we keep playing these prima donna's [like cuse and hopkins] who won't come to Fallon Field??????

We have established a pretty respectable presence in DI athletics and in my opinion [except for money games in BB and FB], should NO LONGER play teams that refuse to come to Albany {and that especially includes that so called gonzonga of the east who plays in an Albany community paid for arena AND equally annoying is playing hopkins who is not even DI except for lacrosse}

I hope you're kidding about Syracuse and Hopkins when it comes to lacrosse. There is no comparison to the $iena basketball team. Beating either of those 2 lacrosse teams (or better yet both) in ANY sesason gives us instant cred nationally. If you don't know about it already, look up the lacrosse history of both of these schools. Would you complain if we played football at Notre Dame every year?

I hope you're kidding about Syracuse and Hopkins when it comes to lacrosse. There is no comparison to the $iena basketball team. Beating either of those 2 lacrosse teams (or better yet both) in ANY sesason gives us instant cred nationally. If you don't know about it already, look up the lacrosse history of both of these schools. Would you complain if we played football at Notre Dame every year?

Unless it was a money game---YES.

I know all about cuse and hopkins lacrosse. We have beaten both of those teams [look it up] and would probably have more wins if they would have come to Fallon. I also know hopkins is grandfathered in DI lacrosse. But the NCAA has very good reasons for requiring schools that play DI to compete DI in all sports that they chose to have. In other words hopkins has a financial and competitive advantage by being able to play in only one DI sport. Regardless, a lot of schools including UA are more than catching up quality wise {look up cuse and hopkins records over the past few years}; and I still say they need to come to us on occasion!!

There's no comparison to ND (or any) football. Johns Hopkins averaged 2296 at home last year, even with over 7K vs. Loyola. Syracuse averaged 3,800 with a max of 5,300 vs. Virginia. The only reason we play at their places all the time is that they don't need us; if we didn't want to, somebody else would take our place.

There's no comparison to ND (or any) football. Johns Hopkins averaged 2296 at home last year, even with over 7K vs. Loyola. Syracuse averaged 3,800 with a max of 5,300 vs. Virginia. The only reason we play at their places all the time is that they don't need us; if we didn't want to, somebody else would take our place.

Point is we can play NEC/MAAC teams or Hopkins and Cuse, if I was coach I know who I would rather play - nothing to do with attendance, a payout, or getting a home game. It's about getting respect in polls and from prospective recruits, their coaches and families. If you have the opportunity to go Syracuse and Baltimore every year you take it. It's a no brainer - those are the programs that others are measured against.

Sarge, I respectfully disagree. We are now at a point where we are highly competitive with cuse and hopkins. If I am a recruit looking at all three school {and it is a fact that we recruit @ their level}; and I say coach why do we never play them @ HOME? How is he to respond? He is pretty much losing the recruit, if he has to say we really are not at their level yet.

And 72. more and more schools are telling both hopkins and cuse you have to come to us. Both schools are having a harder and harder time filling out their home schedules. Sure there are the new startups anxious to play them; but if cuse & hop want to keep up their rankings they can not just play low level teams. And more and more of the elite or near elite teams are demanding reciprocity; and I believe (my opinion at least) UA should join in that group.

Edited by dslyank

When we have the same number of national championships as they do we can say come to our place.

08 that comment is ridiculous. If that were the case, cuse and hops would have pretty much no one to play but themselves. And by the way, when talking history of lacrosse you might want to add Princeton to the list of elite, who by the way HAS made an appearance at Fallon field. Regardless of their history, a number of teams are catching up, even surpassing cuse and hops in lacrosse TODAY. If you want to live in the pass, go ahead, but I'd like to be included in the NEW elite.

Either way I have no problem with us traveling down there to play them every year. Game is always nationally televised and will only help recruiting when they see us beat them on their own turf like last year. You have to win something to be considered an elite. We've only won one post season game. Hopefully this year we'll have a deep post season run.

I agree with the Notre Dame analogy. To help recruiting, you HAVE to play the big boys. All Lacrosse players know the legacy of those schools. It's the same reason why Will Brown every year travels to one Mecca of college basketball, be it syracuse, duke, UNC, Kansas. It gives him a recruiting tool.

Would I like to see those schools come to UA? Yes, but if they won't do it now, that doesn't mean we should remove them from the schedule. I'll take an away against any of those schools vs. a home against Bellarmine or Bucknell any day.