UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Indiana Jonsing and the travel ban of doom

Patch

He can always go out-of-pocket and keep the politics out of it.- haggyland

"The State University of New York supports Governor Cuomo's executive order banning all non-essential travel to the state of Indiana, and we will instruct our campuses to immediately review any existing travel plans by faculty and staff," SUNY chancellor Nancy Zimpher said in a statement.

"As the public university system of New York State, SUNY supports all measures to combat discrimination. I commend Governor Cuomo on taking this important stand on behalf of all New Yorkers." - TU

Does anyone really think it's wise to circumnavigate the ruling by paying your own way and going and then wait to see what the political consequences are??????

• Like 2

Does anyone really think it's wise to circumnavigate the ruling by paying your own way and going and then wait to see what the political consequences are??????

Good point... Cuomo has been known to hold a grudge or two during his term.

Edited by haggyland
  • Like 1

It's not only ridiculous, it's Binging pathetic.

It's total garbage. The man just wants to attend some basketball games (the three most important college basketball games of the year, at that), and he gets caught right in the middle of a political agenda...that's why I so naively suggested he should just pay his own way.

It's not only ridiculous, it's Binging pathetic.

It's total garbage. The man just wants to attend some basketball games (the three most important college basketball games of the year, at that), and he gets caught right in the middle of a political agenda...that's why I so naively suggested he should just pay his own way.

When is Cuomo going to ban all state travel to the other double digit states with similar laws...this whole thins is ridiculous. We get it, this state doesn't support the decision of another state and has registered its concern. Blocking travel like we'll show them...lol...whatever. I digress...

Edited by Clickclack

You're missing the point. It will cost them dearly in the big run because of this law. The tickets will still be sold in Indiana for any F4 games etc. However, big businesses are pulling out of plans they had for expansion into Indiana, i.e Salesforce, and a slew of other companies.

It's a statement to hit them where it hurts the most - economic expansion, jobs, etc.

Since this topic has seemed to have veered officially off-topic...I'll give in. I honestly think we should create an off-topic forum for stuff like this, but I'm not running the forum so whatever.

<morning rant>

You're missing the point. It will cost them dearly in the big run because of this law. The tickets will still be sold in Indiana for any F4 games etc. However, big businesses are pulling out of plans they had for expansion into Indiana, i.e Salesforce, and a slew of other companies.

It's a statement to hit them where it hurts the most - economic expansion, jobs, etc.

That is irrelevant. IMO, good riddance. There are many other companies who will move in if they haven't already (Chik-Fil-A, etc.).

How come, or rather since when is, diminishing the economic/religious rights of people of one group okay as long as it's in the name of 'progression' of some other groups rights? If we're all about 'rights to the people', then how is this even an issue? It's asinine. It's not like the entire state of Indiana is telling the LGBT community to leave the state, they are just saying, "If one business doesn't want to sell to you, fine...walk down the block and hit up their competitor who is willing to sell to you." The only group this is hurting is the people who refuse to sell to LGBT's...it's hurting THEIR wallets. Religious people in Indiana aren't being violent towards LGBTs. They are simply not accepting their money. In a free enterprise system, how can ANYONE tell someone when and why to sell goods/services? You sell it to whoever you want to sell it to. But no, the LGBT's want everyone to know and scream from the mountain top that it's not fair. It's stupid. Society today, with all of it's 'political correctness', is really something...something ridiculous..

There was a family in Oregon a year or two ago who owned a bakery. They refused to make a wedding cake for an LGBT couple. After a battle in court, they were fined $150k and had to close the doors to their business. How on earth is that fair? There was probably a few other bakeries within a 20 mile radius that couple could have gone to. The LGBT community took away their source of income and means of supporting their family. Sure, just like "they can go get another job", LBGT's "can go to another bakery."

Ridiculous.

If I was Will Brown I'd pay my own way and go. Don't be bullied. It's a free country. Go if you want to go.

This. Free country goes both ways. Free to be Lesbian. Free to be of faith (in this case).

All of these schools (Villanova and Ollie) banning their staff from going to games, or all of these states banning their officials from going there for any reason...it's ridiculous. While I support the right of everyone to live as they feel is right, I do not support this type of PC backlash. People, organizations, states, etc. need to be able to say what they think and mean it. Instead of saying something, then having to offer 'fake' apologies to appease the activists or completely changing their policy against their thoughts due to pressure. That isn't right. I'm happy Indiana is standing firm.

</morning rant>

Anyway, someone should split this thread into another (new) forum...

Edited by Ilko